Nothing's Wrong

Link walked down the street, looking down. He kicked a rock as he walked, but then it rolled into the middle of the road. So he just stopped and started at it. Then, after a minute he continued on his way, without the rock.

He walked up to his house and stood on front of the door.
Why didn't he have any motivation at all? He didn't even feel like opening the door. What was wrong with him?

He just stared at the door. He couldn't move.
It was opened. He was yanked inside. He was slapped across the face. He was beat down, beat up. Insulted.
But he didn't feel a single thing. He didn't process a single thing.

He just stood there and let it happen.

It seemed like he was doing that a lot more recently. Not processing it at all, just knowing it was happening.

He felt tears come to his eyes. He couldn't tell if it was because of the physical pain or the mental pain of this all. It was tough. Just tough. That's all it was.

He could barely see the man in front of him anymore. He could barely see. Or feel. Or anything.
Everything went blurry. Then black.

<<×>>

Zelda sat at her desk. She couldn't focus. Something felt wrong.

So she stood up and looked outside. It was raining. She sat back down. Now she really couldn't focus. At all. So she went on her phone.

~

Z: hey
Z: how r u doing
Z: hello
Z: link

~

Huh. Maybe he was just busy. He probably just didn't have his phone on him.
Yeah. That was it.

She was just being paranoid. There was nothing going on.

<<×>>

He blinked his eyes open. Was... was he on the floor? Yes. Yes, he was. He was lying on the floor of his bedroom. And his head hurt. His everything hurt.

He vaguely remembered what had happened. Why was he like this? Why was his dad like this? Why was anyone like this?

He sat up, rubbing his head. He stood up and fell onto the bed.

Why did his life have to be like this? Why couldn't it have been someone else? It could have been anyone. But it had to be him. And his dad just had to be such a goddess-damned asshole. And he couldn't tell anyone else. He had to let them figure it out themselves. Or keep them from doing. For their safety, and his.

He wished he could take the knowledge from Zelda. Her knowing about this would just end up getting her hurt. And he couldn't bear the thought of Zelda like that.
But knowing her, she'd probably just figure it our again. She was smart. Too smart for her own good.

Despite what he had been telling recently, she wasn't dumb. Not even close to it. She was the smartest person he knew. He wondered if she knew that. Probably not, with what he'd been saying to her. That would be the one thing she didn't know.

But there were things he didn't want her to know about that she was thankfully none the wiser about.
Like the razorblade thing. Which, to be honest, he didn't like either.
Or why exactly he was still so upset over Mipha.
Or why he stopped bringing food up to his room. Why he had stopped eating at home.
Or how much he hated himself for getting mad at Zelda. She didn't deserve to be yelled at. None of what he said was true. And he was becoming his father. Yelling and getting mad at people for now reason.

His phone buzzed.

~

Z: is everything alright
Z: I texted I earlier but you didn't respond
L: sorry
L: I was busy
Z: oh
Z: okay
Z: I was a little worried
L: u don't need to worry about me :)
Z: ...
Z: I feel like there's something you aren't telling me
L: no
Z: really?
L: yeah
Z: c'mon, what is it? I can tell something's up
L: it's nothing
L: quit worrying so much
Z: I can't not worry about you if you're doing stuff like this
Z: quit trying to brush it off and tell me what's wrong
L: it's nothing
L: stop trying to make me tell you about something that's bothering me if nothing's bothering me
L: idiot
L: I mean, ur not an idiot
L: shit
Z: are you still upset about earlier
L: a little
L: but not much
L: please stop
Z: no
L: can u please leave me alone
L: I don't want to talk right now
Z: fine
Z: I won't talk to you
L: thank you!
L: hylia

~

Hylia, Zelda could be annoying sometimes. He wished she'd just go away.
Just... not like Mipha. That would hurt.

He shook his head. Why was he even thinking about that? He shouldn't do that. It would just end in him getting upset. Not that he wasn't already upset. But what was he even upset about?

Honestly, at this point, it could be anything. His life had been a disaster the last few months.
He sighed. He sniffled. Why was his nose so stuffy?

He grabbed a tissue and quietly blew his nose. He didn't want his dad to think he was crying or anything. Because he wasn't.

He climbed into his bed and pulled the covers over his head. He wasn't going to sleep. He just felt like hiding away. He was in a weird mood.

<<×>>

Zelda paced back and forth in her room. Something was up. Something was always up. There was always something going on with Link. And he always tried to keep it from her, but she always found out.

She had idea of what it was this time, yet at the same time, she had no idea. It had to have something to do with how he acted at lunch, but... why? Why was he still so upset about that? And why was he still so upset by the thing with Mipha? Or, how? How was he still upset? She didn't understand. It made no sense to her.

And she couldn't just ask him. He'd never answer how she wanted. Anyway, she had already done that.

Still... it couldn't hurt to try.
She picked her phone back up and called Link. Maybe he'd be more likely to answer of she called him instead of texting. Probably not.