Hoping

~listen to something like Can't Help Falling in Love with You while you read this. Idc what song you listen to, but that song works best.~

<<×>>

"I hope Daddy is nice today!"

The only response was a sad smile. He didn't notice that, though.
He skipped down the street, holding onto his mother's hand.

"Today, Aiden made a really cool paper airplane, and I wanna try and make one like it! Cuz he said his daddy showed him how to make a plane like that, and I want Daddy to show me how to make one! Do ya think he'll do it, Mommy? Do ya?"

Her reply was a small nod. She pursed her lips, obviously trying not to say anything.
But again, he took no notice. He must kept on skipping and rambling on.

"An then, I broke my cracker and gave it to Mipha. I wasn't worried about cooties or anything, cuz I know her cuz she lives down the street. An we're friends. Somebody laughed and said cooties, so I told them to beat it, just like Daddy tells me sometimes. Then, I accidentally-on-purpose spilled milk all over Mipha cuz I didn't want anyone saying I have cooties cuz I shared with a girl."

She nodded again, looking away.

"Hey! Pay attention, Mommy! I'm telling a story!"
"Yes, I know. I'm listening."
"The teacher says that you have to look at the person to listen. You can't look somewhere else if you're paying attention. You're breaking the rules!"
"Mommys are allowed to do that."
"Oh. Well, that's stupid. Anyways, also told Jason that..."

<<~>>

×She looked over at him. He looked nice today. Maybe she should go talk to him...
No. Not yet. She was too nervous. She couldn't just go up to him and say,
"Hey, I like you. Wanna go out sometime?"
That would just be stupid.

He looked over at her. She quickly looked away, feeling her face grow warm. If only she could work up the courage to talk to him.×

<<~>>

Ugh. What an annoying kid. She groaned and looked down at her work, trying to block out the obnoxious laughing. Hopefully the teacher would make him stop soon.

If only he knew what she went through at home. Then, maybe he wouldn't be such a brat.

Oh, who was she kidding? He wouldn't care or sympathize or anything. He didn't care about his work at all, much less anyone around him. She'd hate it if she were his sister. Not that her brothers weren't already annoying. They definitely were. But nobody could match this kid.

<<×>>

×~He ran down the street, and she followed. He got on the trampoline, and she followed. He got on his bike, and she followed. He moved away, and she... she wanted to follow. But she couldn't. She asked him to stay, begged him to stay, but he just pushed her away and left. Took his bike, too. And all her fun.~

She sighed. If only he still lived next door.
That would make everything so much easier. Maybe then, she'd have the courage to talk to him.×

<<×>>

×He was sitting at their table. He called her fish. It filled her with nostalgia. That was what he used to call her, all those tears ago.

She just avoided his gaze the whole time. Oh, why did she have to be so awkward around him?

He was in trouble. But he wouldn't admit it.
And he acted different. Different in a way that only she could see. He acted so confident. But that's just what it was. An act.
He acted so happy. But that's just what it was. An act.

She could tell he needed some love. And that's all she wanted. Was to give him what he needed. Love.

But he wouldn't love her back. She just knew it. It wouldn't work. Nothing ever worked out for her. Especially not something like this.

She sighed.
Why hope for something if it was never going to happen?×

<<×>>

×She she couldn't believe it. School was about to start again and it was still bothering her.

Even though she knew it would happen. But not like that. She didn't think it would be like that. And she didn't think it would upset her so much. Maybe expecting something only makes it hurt more when it happens

<<×>>

×A screeching sound. A sudden stop. Glass. Airbag. Blood. Pain. Black.

Regret.×

<<×>>

~Shorter chapter. Sorry. For the shortness and the content. :')~