Cairo Prison

Oakley's POV

Cairo prison, one of the worst hell holes on earth. Every low-life form of scumbag can be found here. The warden, a first rate scumbag himself, escorts us across the gallows courtyard. Evelyn whispers to Jonathan. "You told me you found it on a dig down in Thebes!" she whisper yells.

"I was mistaken" he tells her.

"You lied to me!" she exclaims.

"I lie to everybody, what makes you so special?" he asks her.

"I'm your sister" she reminds him.

"Only makes you more gullible Evie, I knew he was lying" I tell her.

"He stole it from a drunk at the local Casbah" she retorts.

"Picked his pocket, actually" Jonathan tells her.

"Still stole it" I tell him. The Warden ushers us into the holding pen. "What is this man in prison for?" I ask him.

"I did not know, so when I heard you were coming, I asked him that myself" he answers.

"What did he say?" Evelyn asks him.

"He said... he was just looking for a good time" the warden answers. The interior cell door burst open. A man in chains, is dragged by four guards. They shove him up to the cell bars. From the looks of it, he's been here awhile; his face is half hidden by long hair, a scraggly beard and many new bruises. Evelyn looks at him, disgusted by his appearance.

"But he's just a filthy criminal" she says.

"Way to go Evie" Jonathan and I say together. The man gives Evelyn and I a once over, then looks at Jonathan.

"So who are the broads?" he asks.

"Broad?!" Evie says offended while I giggle at her expression.

"My sister Evelyn and our cousin Oakley" Jonathan says introducing us.

"Yeah? Well,... I'm sure they're not a total loss" the man says eyeing Evie. Evelyn is stunned and furious. The Warden heads out the door saying he'd be back in a moment. "I tremble with anticipation" the man mumbles.

A guard clubs him across the head, his face bounces off the metal bars. He shows no pain, but just looks back and gives the Guard a nasty look. Evelyn steps closer to the bars. "We uh,... found... your puzzle box, and we've come to ask you about it" she tells the man.

"What's his name?" I whisper to Jonathan.

"O'Connell" he answers and I nod my head.

"You came to ask me about Hamunaptra" O'Connell says looking up at Evie. We quickly look around, hoping the guards didn't hear him. I step up beside Evie.

"How do you know the box pertains to Hamunaptra?" I ask him.

"Because that's where I found it. I was there" he tells us smiling. Evelyn and I look at him dumbstruck. While Jonathan eyes him suspiciously.

"How do we know that's not a load of pig swallow?" Jonathan asks him. O'Connell looks closer at Jonathan, a glint of recognition. Oh Jonathan had better step away, unless he wants to be hit by O'Connell.

"Hey,... don't I know you?" O'Connell asks him.

"Um, well, you see..." Jonathan starts to say. O'Connell's fist comes flying through the bars, hits Jonathan square in the jaw, decks him. Called it! Jonathan hits the floor, out cold. A guard clubs O'Connell and his head bounces off the bars again.