Ardeth and Curator

Oakley's POV

We arrived at the Cario museum and are heading to the curator's office. "There's only one  person I know who can possibly give us some answers" Evelyn tells us. They round a corner and come upon the Curator, who is talking with Ardeth.

"You!" the others all exclaim. They all point their guns at Ardeth. Pushing Evelyn and I behind them. I roll my eyes at them.

"Miss Carnahan, Miss Sheba. Gentlmen" the curator says.

"Ardeth, why are you here?" I ask politely. While Evelyn demands to know why he's here.

"Do you really want to know, or would you prefer to just... shoot us?" the curator asks us.

"After what I just saw, I'm willing to go on a little faith here" Rick states holstering his gun. The other men follow his lead. We all go to an exhibit of Seti the First and sit down. The Curator sits on Seti's throne.

"We are part of an ancient secret society, the cult-of-the-Medjai, and we have a sacred mission, passed down through thirty-nine generations. For over four thousand years we have guarded The City Of The Dead. We are sworn at manhood to , do any and all in our power to stop the High Priest Imhotep from being reborn into this world" the curator explains.

"And because of you, we have failed" Ardeth states.

"And you think this justifies killing innocent people!?" Evelyn demands.

"At least it's quick and painless" I tell her.

"That's besides the point" she tells me.

"To have stopped this creature?" the curator asks.

"Yes" he and Ardeth say together.

"Okay, let's cut to the chase. He's afraid of cats, what's that about?" Rick asks them.

"According to the ancients, cat's are the guardians at the gates of the underworld. Imhotep will fear them until he is fully regenerated, and then he will fear nothing" the curator states.

"That's settled then, Snowy comes with us" I state.

"Right! And ya know how he gets fully regenerated?!" Daniels demands.

"By killing everybody who opened that chest" Henderson says.

"And sucking us dry! That's how!" Daniel exclaims.

"Yes, the creature must first try and regenerate, and then he will attempt to resurrect the one he has loved for more than four thousand years" the curator states.

"Nubia?" I ask.

"No, Anck-su-namun" Ardeth states.

"I don't think so, when he mentioned that name he glared at Evelyn. While he looked at me kept calling me Nubai. Said we'd kill Anck-su-namun and he'd make me immortal. Just now in Burns office, he tried to kiss me" I explain.

"Nubai was to be his wife, but before she appeared. He was having an affair for the pharoah's mistress, Anuck-su-namun. He must of fallen for her when he saw her" the curator states. "It is because it was you who read from the Book. He has chosen you to be-the human sacrifice needed to regenerate the body of Anck-su-namun. So that he can kill her personally" he explains looking at Evelyn.

"But why me?" I ask.

"You are Nubai's reincarnation, he'll sacrifice you to bring her back" Ardeth states.

"This is not good. Not good at all" Jonathan mutters. While he scratches his ear with the barrel of his pistol. Ardeth Bay has been staring out a wall of windows.

"Tonight is the full moon. The moon of Osiris. It will begin tonight" Ardeth states. We all watch as an eclispe happens.

"And he stretched forth his hands towards the heavens, and there was darkness throughout the land of Egypt" Jonathan recites. I hug myself rubbings my arms.

"Are you ok Oakley?" Ardeth asks me.

"I will be once we stop Imohtep" I state. Evelyn calls my name and notice her & the others are ready to leave. "I gotta go, see you later" I tell him before leaving with the others. We return to the hotel. Evelyn and my suite. Where I hold Snowy close, feeling safe with her in my arms.

"We must stop him from regenerating" Evelyn says stating the obvious. "Who opened that chest?" she asks the two Americans.

"Well, there was me and Daniels here and then poor Burns of course. Oh yeah, and that Egyptologist fella" Henderson states.

"What about my buddy Beni?" Rick asks them.

"Nah, he scrammed out of there 'fore we opened the damn thing" Daniels states.

"Yeah. He was the smart one" Henderson mutters.

"Well, yeah, that sounds like Beni" Rick states.

"We must find the Egyptologist and bring him back here to the safety of the fort. Before the creature can get to him" Evelyn states as Snowy jumps out of my arms. Heading over to her water bowl.

"Okay, Evelyn, Oakley you both wait here, you two come with me" Rick says gesturing to the Americans.

"The hell with that! I'm not goin' nowhere! we're safe here" Henderson states.

"Yeah, I'm not leavin, this fort for nothing" Daniels agrees.

"I'm happy to stat with Snowy" I state.

"Who put you in charge? You can't just leave my cousin and I behind like some old suitcases. I'm the one responsible for this mess and I intend to be the one to clean it up" Evelyn states. I roll my eyes and head to our shared bedroom.

I soon hear Evelyn shouting and see her on Rick's shoulder. I smirk as he throws her on the bed. Before leaving the room, locking the door behind him. "Honestly Evelyn it's been a long day, lets just sleep. The men can handle finding the Egyptologist and we're safe here with Snowy" I state.

"Fine" she grumbles in defeat. We both got ready for bed and call it a night. Sleeping in the queen bed together side by side. Not knowing what is happening as we slept.

A/N

Picture above of Ardeth and the curator.