Chapter 1

Ezra stood there in front of a two story house look at it with aww this was the best looking house that he has seen in he's seven years in the orphanage he just hoped these people are nice unlike the last once how did not care about the kids they had under there care he took a deep breath pulling his black backpack up higher he walked up to the house. He ran his thin finger though his raven hair to smooth it out some he raised his hand to knock but hesitated. What if these people are worse then the last? What if they tack him back to the orphanage? What if he makes a mistake? Then with out warning the door flow open there stood a very pretty twi'leck lady in front of the Electric blue eyed boy she was facing behind her look to be glaring at someone the she turned her green eyes on him with surprise at first then smiled she said " you must be Ezra right." Ezra smiled shyly say " yeah that's me." the Twi'leck lady took him by the shoulder taking him in side " My names Hera. Im so glad you made it okay." she said on there way throw living room and in to a kitchen that had a fridge on the back wall with a counter on the right of the fridge in the corner is a sink little ways from the sink there was a glass top stove and a bar a man was sitting at he had brown shoulder length hair that was pulled into a ponytail his grey green eyes turned on him there was a island in the middle of the kitchen area on the right side of the kitchen are was a dark wood table with olive green chars " that over there is my husband Kanan. Know then you must be hungry right." right after she said that Ezra's stomach gave a big growl. Ezra's checks turned red with embarrassment he nodded his head standing there waiting for something to do or be told what to do. Kanan chuckled at the boy standing in the door way " you can sit at the table or go out side if you want." Ezra sat at the table pulling out a note book a pencil and stared sketching. Kanan watched then boy at the table sketch away in his not book. Kanan walked over to the boys char looking over his shoulder what looked like caged bars on the bars were vines growing up them there was a bird sitting on the other side " wow that's really good." Kanan said watching has the boy jumped chuckling he took the note book out from under the boy and walked over to Hera showing her the sketch. Twi'leck women looked at the sketch then smacked her husband up side the had saying " ask before you tack Kanan but Ezra his right it is really good." Ezra blinked then smiled widely saying " Thanks no one has ever really like my art before." Hera felt her heart flutter at that smile that came from the boy she walked over putting the note book down then wrapped her arms around the boy slime shoulders bearing her face in his hair. Ezra blinked in surprise but slowly hugged back smiling at the felling he thought he would never get again. Hera held the boy at arms length smile she said " it is beautiful and if you don't mind I want you to do something for me." Ezra nodded his head with pure curiosity in his eye Hera chuckled smiling " I want you to paint something on what we call the art wall see we have another artist in the family. Her name is Sabine she's seventeen but she like spray paints best." Ezra smiled and nodded his head not being able to wait to get started. " What do you like best?" Hera blinked taken back by the question then smiled say " I love the stars." Ezra's eye sparked with joy "I like looking at the stars to it calms me down." Hera chuckled walking over to the stove finishing the food walking back to Ezra with the food. " We also have a son he like sports and stuff like that but you should get along." Ezra nodded his head then looked at the food place in front of him then asked " how much can I eat?" Hera and Kanan looked at the boy in pure surprise then schooled there expression before Hera said " as much as you want Ezra." Kanan sat down in front of the boy asking " why would you ask a question like that?" Ezra stop for a split second before saying " just wanted to know." Kanan opened his mouth to say something but snapped it back shut with the glare that Hera gave him. Kanan sighed thinking ' what had this boy gone though to ask a question like that of all things' after Ezra finished his food he got up putting the dishes in the sink and began to wash them Kanan and Hera both looked at the boy surprised at his actions. When Ezra was done he turned to the both of them asking " what are my chores going to be." Hera was surprised at the question but didn't let it show. " just make sure your rooms clean wash your dish after your done and make sure your clothes are in the laundry room you wont have to worry about them." Hera said. " Really!! That's it! Your not playing a joke are you?" Ezra said in pure shock he waited for the joke to end but it didn't. Hera said " yup that's all. know why don't you go up to your room and get settled." Ezra nodded his head putting his note book away " your room is up the stares second on the right" he nodded his head starting for the stares. Ezra made his way to the room he was told was his he was surprised at how nice the room was it had a big bed under a window a nice black dresser of the left of the bed in right of the bed was a black desk with a blue rolling char This can't be he's room. can it? " How do you like it?" Ezra jumped at the sound of the voice behind him he turned seeing Hera and Kanan standing in the door with Kanan stand behind Hera his arm wrapped around her waist and his chin on her shoulder. Ezra relaxed asking " Is this really my room?" Hera smiled nodding her head " yes this hole room is yours know when are your suit cases getting her." Ezra picked up his back and pointed at it. " That's it?" Hera asked in surprise. Ezra nodded his head yes Hera looked back at Kanan seeming to have a silent conversation then turned back to Ezra asking " what is your favorite store?" Ezra looked at them questionably before saying " hot topic?" Hera smiled taking him be the hand she pulled him down the stare into the kitchen grabbing her keys and purse walking out the door Kanan waving them off saying " good luck Ezra." right before the door closed Kanan saw true fear in the boys eye " your going to need it."