Chapter 9

Ellie's P.O.V

Me and Rachel managed to sit through a while movie and a meal afterwards with
Out her bringing up the K word. I was surprised, but I also wasn't complaining. I just needed one day were I wasn't thinking about him.

The movie wasn't the greatest, in my opinion anyway Rachel seemed to really enjoy it. The food afterwards was to die for, we ending up going to a really nice restaurant and the food was delicious. I'll definitely go back there again! Everyone kept giving us weird looks, and the waitress we had didn't seem the friendliest. She didn't smile once at us and she barely spoke, she didn't even come over to ask us if our meals were okay like they do in every other restaurant.

But apart from that the food was amazing and the that's what I go of when I'm judging restaurants, you don't judge a restaurant by its staff because you don't go there to make new friends - you go there for food. It's not the foods fault that the people are so ignorant, I thought about making a complaint because I didn't like how that waitress was giving us death glares but I decided against it. She was probably just having a bad day.

When I got home I got a shower and went to bed, I was exhausted because I've had to get up early for my classes. Also I had to get a job, because you know university isn't going to pay for itself. Luckily I had money saved up in a separate account for when I wanted to go to university, it wasn't enough I actually had to borrow money from my brother but I told him I'd pay him back and I will. When I get the money, I've payed him back some of it but I still owe him quite a lot.

The job I got, I'm not proud of it but I needed money and I needed money fast. I had to pay for university, rent, gas, electric, clothes, food, and I still owed josh money so there's no way a wee small job as a waitress would help me and the only job I could think of where I could get money fast was... I'm sure you've guessed...

A strip club

I started working there 3 weeks ago, I work as a bartender for 3 days a week and then on Saturdays I dance. It's not as bad as people say it is, it's not like I actually get completely naked. I look at it as I'm just in a bikini, a very sexy bikini.

I haven't told anyone about this job, I'm not proud of it and it is a bit embarrassing but it pays the bills and that's the most important thing. I get paid good money, not as much as others girls get as I don't get completely naked. But I would never do that to myself, I have some dignity.

I had a shift later tonight which is also why I needed sleep, because I don't finish until 3 in the morning and I have class tomorrow. Luckily my class doesn't start until 1pm so I'll be able to get some sleep when I get back.

***

I walked backstage to get changed for my second dance, I have made about £60 so far and I've only been here for 5 minutes. There was this one guy that wouldn't stop looking at me, and not the way that most people would look at strippers. He made me feel a bit uncomfortable but I pushed past it and continued to dance.

Once I was finished getting changed I put my stuff away in my locker since I didn't have time to when I came in, I was in such a rush as I slept late and when I got here I had to go straight out. After putting my things away in the locker I sat down in front of one of the mirrors and touched up on my make up.

One I was finished I sat and waited for the other girls to finish their dance. A couple of minutes later the music stopped and I made my way back to the stage.

I was about to preform a dance by myself, I was nervous. This was my first time dancing along, I had practiced many times before. I took a deep breath and then music started. I grabbed onto the pole and started to wrap my legs around it. I did a squat and pushed my bum out then as I was standing back up I moved my chest against the pole as if I was grinding on someone. I turned around to face my audience and continued to dance.

I looked over in the direction of the man that was looking at me and making me uncomfortable. I gasped and my breathing quickened, my blood ran cold and I couldn't believe what I saw...or who I saw. There sitting beside the man from earlier...glaring at me was Kai.

End Of Chapter

How do you think Kai will react to Ellie's new job?