Chapter 1: The Conference

April 17, 2014.

Your P.O.V

It was a Thursday afternoon when I pulled up to Island Records, along with my bandmates, Emeli George, Franki Mikaels and Junie, my twin brother. We had a meeting for our upcoming tour for our first album, Devoted To You. We got out of the car and made our way inside the building and going to the big conference room.

I happily took my seat, along with everyone else, as I ask; "So, what are we waiting for?"

"Another band to show up. We have a few other musical acts that we're thinking of having join you for the tour, but we aren't 100% sure yet." Landon, our manager said.

"Who have you got so far?" Franki asks, tapping his fingers annoyingly on the table.

"Um so far we've got Embelm3, Shawn Mendes, Bea Miller," Landon taps his index finger on his chin thinking. "Ryan Beatty and Fifth Harmony. Do you like any of them?"

"I'd love to have Bea come, she's awesome." I tell him quickly. "Along with Ryan."

"I second that motion." Junie says, leaning over his chair and giving me a high five.

"Emblem3, I mean, they're 3 hot guys, they'd attract a lot of people to the shows." Emeli says sternly.

"I don't want to have our tour for attraction, I want good music." I protest calmly.

"What about Fifth Harmony?" Landon suggests and we all twist our chairs to face him. "They're great!"

"I agree, I just don't know," I pause to think. "That's a lot of fucking girls. We're having Bea, that's a fact." I say seriously.

"Why are you making the decisions exactly? Shouldn't it be more involved with who you're bandmates also want?" Landon says to me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Junie I know agrees with me about Bea, I know Franki does too. That's already 3 against 1." I look at Emeli and lift my eyebrows, waiting for her response. "Well?"

"Whatever, 'Y/N', wants." Emeli says, rolling her eyes.

"Exactly." I say, shifting my attention back to Landon. "I'll tell her myself."

"Fine. Whatever." Landon says, finally taking a seat. "Well, we have meetings with some of them today, so be on your best behavior."

"Us?" Franki says chuckling. "Please, we're always on our best behavior!" Franki looks at Junie and I and we all immediately begin laughing.

The door opens, but we barely notice as we're all still laughing and joking around.

"Guys." Landon says calmly. "HD!" He shouts, snapping our attention to him and the guests next to him. "Guys, this is Emblem3."

"Hi," I say as I stand up and hold out my hand. "I'm 'Y/N'."

"I know," Keaton says quickly, taking my hand. "Huge fan of your band."

"Thank you." I tell him as I sit down.

We all began talking about the tour and the places we had planned to go to, the requirements, the pros and cons, blah blah. The only thing I really liked about Emblem3 was 2 things. One, Keaton, he's a sweetheart and funny as hell. Two, the fact that we're both british bands. Otherwise, I could careless about them.

After they had left, we began talking.about them, almost immediately.

"Well?" Landon asks, shutting the door.

"I don't like them." I quickly state my opinion.

"Me neither." Junie says, agreeing with me, giving me another high-five.