Chapter 21: I Can Keep a Secret

Chapter 21: I can keep a secret...

                “We're here.” He spoke after ten minutes of the freezing car ride. My god, I didn't know a car get could get so cold because of a person's behavior.

“Yeah, I can see that.” I said sarcastically and made good observations of my surroundings. I should be used to getting lost, but I still hate the feeling of it.

After Vincent's weird mood change, five more minutes into the drive, he went from a regularly used road to a unpaved road that could only be seen if you have gone down the road before. I didn't even notice it, until he took a sharp right turn which had me screeching along with tires.

Besides the near death experience, I saw that all we went driving through was a dense forest that I have never seen or knew existed in Georgetown. That is if we were still in Georgetown...

“Wherever here is, I hope it's safe.” I spoke out loud, but not expecting to get a response. Which I didn't.

Bad boys tended to do bad things and not care about their safety. I stare at Vincent's back as we walk down the barely visible path and silently anticipate for Vincent's common sense and smartness kick in before he ends up killing both us.

I wasn't looking where I was going and started to fall. It was all a slow motion process. One moment my face is only inches away from the ground and the next, I'm in Vincent's arms. I looked up at him with a relieved smile, which he just stared at blankly. He let go off me as quickly as he caught me and made me stand up straight.

“Watch your step. If you kill yourself before we get to our destination, then you won't be able to see what I have to show you.” I thought I saw a small smirk on his face, but I wasn't sure from my angle.

Vincent turned after scowling at me and started to walk more onto the barely visible passageway.

I hummed to myself, ready to start the journey to this place. I found it peaceful because this reminded me of the nature walks I used to take over the summer with my Mom before I moved to Georgetown. They really made me look at nature in a different way; it was just so beautiful.

Again, I lost my sight of things and bumped into Vincent's hard muscled back. I stepped back, mumbling a 'sorry' and rubbed my forehead. I looked up to see that Vincent turned around.

“Look down.”

I obeyed and gasped. It wasn't a cliff side like I expected it to be. Down below was a small downhill that soon turned into a small staircase that led to a small homey cabin. Surrounding the cabin was the huge mass of trees that belonged to the forest and beyond that, it just seemed to go on forever. I had to admit, up here was an amazing view.

“Is all that you wanted to show me?” I said astoundingly.

“Course not. That's my cabin down there. It's getting pretty chilly out, so we can get some hot drinks and hang out there for a little bit.”

We went down the hill and the staircase to go to where his cozy cabin was.

“I like coming here all the time during the winter. My parents used to take me every Christmas when I was little, but stopped when I started acting out.”