Chapter 23: Mother is Officially Crazy

Drama Life of Ms Nerdy

Chapter 23:Mother is officially crazy

Of all the things I expected my mother to do, she started to laugh. "Savannah, are you serious?" She cried out, looking at me with disbelief and teary eyes. My mother was supposed to be calm and soothing, not laughing at me!

"Yes? What do you mean, I did absolutely nothing wrong!" I shouted, but immediately shrunk back when she gave me a warning glare of speaking to her like that. But then I stood straight up, not afraid of standing up for myself. I know I didn't do anything wrong, if that was what she was implying.

"You had no idea how those two boys felt for you huh?" She shook her head as if disappointed in her own daughter.

"No! How could I? I thought they liked me as just friends... Mom, I have been starting to get these strange feelings. My heart would pang in my chest whenever they are around, am I sick?" I asked with big eyes, even bigger with my rimmed glasses on.

She took one look at me, her expression strange before she started laughing again, "I'm dying!" Again with the fit of giggles.

I groaned, "Mom, you are not helping!" I wanted her to answer my question seriously!

"I'm sorry hun, but I think that anyone would have known what those feelings are and what those boys may have thought of you a while ago, with the way they were dropping hints. My child is so dense sometimes, so naïve." She smiled and sat up to look at me with sincerity.

"Mother, I'm not completely understanding. What is wrong with me?" I asked desperately, wanting the frantic feeling of my heart to diminish.

"It's called love. But for you, I would just say it's a crush." She shrugged and brought a blanket to go over my shoulder as I gaped at her with shock.

"Are you kidding!" I whined, but did not deny it in my head. It was true. That explained everything, all the things I thought and felt when they were around. Vincent made me feel alive, like I could do anything. Jordan made me cringe a little, in good way and made me smile all the same. He was charming and Vincent was mysterious. Both made me feel electricity and sparks in every touch that I always thought nothing of before. Now I just wanted to be in their arms.

I shook my head, thoughts of their warmth and comfort lingering. I was not used to thinking like this. Before I met them, I thought straight, my head always clear. I knew what to expect, but now I wasn't so sure. Everything is just coming at me all at once and it seems like I'm always getting surprised.

"No I'm not kidding." She grinned and than her smile got even wider if that was possible,"Grandchildren!" She screamed and squealed. I gasped, my mouth wide open as I stared at her excited state.

I enjoyed seeing my mother looking so happy. Her eyes sparkled with joy, her hair looked healthier and there weren't any bags under her eyes from long nights of working.Wait a second... There had to be more than just hearing about me finally liking someone for once. More than one person, but could it be? I wasn't sure since my guesses were always off nowadays. I'd ask later, when she got over the fact that I was not having grandchildren at this age.