Chapter 7

When you wake up from your long slumber, the first sight you see is your father standing there while wearing a strange outfit, "Papa?" You ask, climbing down from the sofa and started to walk towards him.

The blond man turned his head and looked down on you without saying a single word. "(Name), you have awoken."

But the voice isn't exactly your father's. Then... Who is he?

"Are you Papa...?" You put your finger in your lips while confusion was written all over your expression.

"This is the first time we met and you are calling me papa?"

A bolt of lightning struck your mind as you finally realized something.

"Papa, I never see Grandpa before!"

"So?" Gilgamesh only raised one of his eyebrows at you.

"I want to know what he looks like." You grinned cheerfully, making Gilgamesh to quickly avert his gaze away.

"There is no need to meet him anyway. All you have to remember is that he looks exactly like me except that his eyes are jeweled blue."

"J-jeweled blue?" You gasp out in awe, "R-really? that must be really beautiful!"

"Heh," Gilgamesh scoffed, "Well you will know when you find him. I don't dare to say anything about him other than that."

"Y-you are... Grandpa?" You took three steps back out of fear for your life.

"Hm?" However, his sharp gaze soon died out and he somehow looked down on you, seemingly confused at your earlier actions.

"I-i never see Grandpa before... Grandma said you were busy." You pouted adorably. Though his reaction was still the same.

"I don't know why." He said before resuming his words again, "You awfully looked like Ninsun now."

You tried to gather your courage to bring on the lively atmosphere as you ask, "S-so that means I'm beautiful as well too?"

"No." His immediate answer stabbed right through your heart, "You are cheerful."

'i don't know if that's supposed to be a compliment or not.' you dropped a sweat as you thought that to yourself.

"Grandpa... Where is Papa now?"

"Gone."

"G-g-gone—????!!!"

"Yes. He said he needed to clear things out with Lucien so I left him be." He took a seat on the chair and leaned himself a little bit further into the back. "Come, sit here."

"Okay." You nodded your head once knowing he will not surely kill you just for asking the condition of your own father. With you climbing up to sit on the chair, you let out a sigh and raised your gaze but his gaze was directed at somewhere else with him resting his cheek on his fist. "Grandpa, you look exactly like papa except that you have jeweled blue eyes."

Gilgamesh didn't lie at all. Lugalbanda possessed a pair of magnificently exquisite jeweled blue eyes that can captivate everyone just by gazing at the slight side of the orbs alone! You're not even sure if he is really the father of your father because he looked younger than Gilgamesh. His face was clean from any facial hair and his blond eyelashes are very long too.

And he just wore white Egyptian-like robes that obviously exposed the muscles of his stomach. You can only ask yourself, 'is he really Grandpa? He is more of papa's twin brother!'

"G-grandpa, what work did you do?"

"They are mainly about government bureaucrats but I couldn't care less about it." He replied with a blank gaze similar to Gilgamesh.

"Papa hated those things." You tried to take a giggle but his icy expression remained still.

"I hate those too."

Your expression fell down like melting ice all over. The older male began shutting his eyes and leaned his cheek into his hand meanwhile you just silently stare at the beauty of your own grandfather in front of you.

He looked so peaceful that you are fearing for your life if you move an inch that will result in a slight noise that can awake him

He looked so peaceful that you are fearing for your life if you move an inch that will result in a slight noise that can awake him. But it's not like he will literally kill you anyway. Times has passed yet he was still sleeping. You looked around to find anything for your entertainment while your grandfather is dozing off but your gaze particularly landed on the sight of fake pink roses in the vase. You picked up one of the roses and climbed down from the chair.

With the rose still in your hands, you climbed up to his lap and finally put the rose on his ear. "Grandpa looks so beautiful."

"Who do you take after?" He asks with his deep voice, eyes still closing yet he pulls you gently into his arms.

"Grandpa, if you have time, please tell me the stories of papa when he was a child."

"Sure."

"But Grandpa, when can I meet Papa again? I miss him." You buried your head on his broad shoulder and wrapping your arms tightly around his neck.

"Soon enough."

"Really?" You tightened your grip on his hold.

"Yes, you have my word."

Your eyes shift to the scenery shown through the window. The trees and the flowers had already begun to bloom. Despite now staying at the building of your father's company located in the middle of the city, Gilgamesh's office has a special garden to it and you didn't know the reason why. But your eyes cannot take itself from the sight of pink roses blooming freshly in the times near spring.

"Grandpa, pink roses are my favorite." You said it aloud.

"Is that so? I'll try to plant more of it for you."

You don't know why, despite only meeting about a few hours ago, you are already comfortable being on his side. Maybe that's because you can't even tell a difference between him and your father.

A/n: I am very well aware of the fact that Lugalbanda is depicted to be more generous and kind toward people than Gilgamesh will ever be but it will be weird since Ninsun herself is a loving goddess and if I made Lugalbanda to be generous and compassionate as well then who does Gilgamesh take after? So I made Lugalbanda to be like Gilgamesh's twin so it won't be confusing on why Gilgamesh is very cold.