Chapter 4

"The universe is not eternal, they had a dawn as they would have a dusk but before that dawn and before the humankind was created, there was another species far stronger than the human who reigned over most of the planets in this world before they finally fall into the hands of a famous king of human, Adam."

"This species is called the vampire. An immensely strong creature who possessed almost identical features to that of humans except that their eyes are mostly jeweled blue or crimson and their hair is either white or blond. Only a few vampires managed to survive from the terrible war between their kind and thus they were separated into two bloodlines."

"Adam, the first human created, was able to slaughter the whole vampire race in the earth, unaware of the fact that this could send a warning to vampires from another planet to seek revenge. But over a hundred thousand years, no vampires came to seek revenge and the planet Earth is safe from the threat of one of the most powerful existences in this universe."

"Papa, do you think there will be vampires around us?" You asked with your eyes gleaming in a strange excitement. Gilgamesh hated that look so he scoffed angrily and shifted his gaze away.

"They are just hideous creatures. I see no reason for being allies with them." He just went on to sip his coffee.

"But Papa, what if the vampires lived amongst us? What if—"

"AHHHH!!!! (Name)!!! MY ADORABLE GRANDDAUGHTER!!" The familiar screech of a feminine voice only belonged to one person and Gilgamesh closed his eyes in order not to see his mother sprinting swiftly to your side and picked you up to her arms like you were just a doll. "How are you, how are you, little sunshine?!"

"I'm doing well, grandma!" Despite her cheerful and extremely boisterous actions, you loved her affections and the sight of her beautiful wavy blonde hair being loosely flowing into the floor made your smile widen. "Grandma, your hair is really beautiful as always." You said while your tiny finger reached up to touch a soft strand of her blonde hair.

"Only my hair is beautiful?" She pouted childishly and your speed of reaction matched those of lightning as you shake your head.

"Mother, stop it. You're overbearing." Gilgamesh stood up from his seat and immediately stole you away from his mother's arms.

"Gil, I just wanted to be with (Name)!" She cried out.

"Mother, honestly, you're scaring her off. Don't run and yell so loudly like she is dying. She heard you and I did too. It's noisy." He clicked his tongue and Ninsun immediately retreated a few steps back.

"You are so cold." She let out a deep sigh before her cheerful aura returned, "Anyway, Gil, (Name), did you guys just read the story of the vampires?"

"Sort of," Gilgamesh replied curtly.

"Aren't you curious about the vampires, (Name)?" Ninsun giggled.

"I do! But Papa said not to so..." You steal a glance at Gilgamesh who already gave you a look of absolute disapproval.

"Don't worry, Gil. Besides, if vampires do live amongst us, they are nothing compared to you." Ninsun's words were so strongly laced with a hidden meaning behind it, resulting in you to open your mouth slightly, it was all too much for you to understand.

"There is a little kid here. Don't talk about heavy stuff." Gilgamesh only rolled his eyes. He tightened his grip on your little body.

"Sorry, (Name)." Ninsun showed an apologetic smile.

"Mother, (Name) said she loved your chocolates."

"About that, here you go!" A basket full of chocolates appeared out of nowhere but you didn't mind about where does it come from because what matters the most is that your favorite food is being displayed right in front of your eyes. The heavenly sight made you drool, your eyes turned jeweled as the sparkles surrounded you again.

"I figured out you, sunshine, love my chocolate so I made all this special for you." She pinched on your soft chubby cheek gently and opens her glass maroon lips to say, "Do you like it? Do you wish to have more?"

"Grandma... I love it! But papa-"

"Why did your papa restrict you so much?" Ninsun's smile quickly fell and she bats an accusing glare to her son.

"Too many chocolates can cause severe problems." Gilgamesh hissed back, "Besides, she is my daughter."

"She is my granddaughter as well."

The two adults have a little staring contest with them angrily narrowing their eyes down at one another. Noticing the uncomfortable atmosphere that slowly draws the attention of the other costumers, you tried to seek help by waving your hand and fortunately, no, luckily a handsome knight comes to rescue.

"Gilgamesh, Madam Ninsun."

The deep voice cut off their staring contest successfully and the two adults turned on their attention to the handsome man who already stood a few inches back from between them. He has an amiable smile decorating his gallant face, "I do advise you two to stop bantering because it will cause a commotion inside."

"Yeah, your handsome face can shut it off though," Gilgamesh grunted, though he did actually sit back again into his seat and so did Ninsun.

"Jay, I'm sorry that we both cause a commotion. I always argue with my stubborn son." Ninsun hold her cheek to show her apology, "Then, can you serve us some slices of cake?"

"What do you like?" Gilgamesh looked down at you to ask.

"Hmm... Uncle, is there any red velvet cake?"

"Yes. We just recently made it."

"Okay, a red velvet then!" Ninsun points her finger up and the handsome waiter nodded as he then left the scene.

"Grandma, please don't argue with Papa again... I hate it that you two don't get along with each other..." You hung your head low, the tone of your voice hints out your sadness.

"I'm sorry, sunshine. I promise, grandma won't do it again!"

"Thank you..." Though the tears managed to slide down from the corner of your eyes. Ninsun quickly hissed at Gilgamesh and the man reluctantly gave you to your grandmother.

She pushed you gently into her warm embrace, stroking the back of your hair with movements as light as a feather. She whispers along to her graceful and melodious tone, "My sweet child, I love you so much. You can cry."

Even when the tears fell, you still pulled the brightest smile to grace your lips. She rocked you a little bit and made you feel somewhat sleepy as her quiet singing pulled you deep inside to the world of dreams. Once the child in her arms fell deep asleep, Ninsun looked at Gilgamesh, "My son, I am proud of you."

"Why so?" Gilgamesh gazed at the empty cup of coffee in a blank stare.

"The child is growing so much. She is so filled with love that she does not like conflict. You raised her so well. I know you are a bit cold and arrogant sometimes but you do not want those traits to be passed down to her." Ninsun gently pecked your forehead like a nurturing mother to her beloved daughter, "You are a good man."

"So troublesome."

The sounds of people chattering filled up the entire busy coffee shop but despite that, inside of your dreams, the loving grandmother was still singing her song. She, who gently took you into a world where one possibility becomes a reality through perseverance. Noticing the smile as you sleep peacefully in his mother's arms, Gilgamesh can only close his eyes and let the feeling of relief calm down his throbbing heart from your earlier crying state.

"Taking care of a kid is such a huge problem."  He complained sourly.

"Yet you still do it."

Both the mother and the son chuckled at the irony.