Chapter 1

"Papa! Papaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

"Shut it, I already hear you!" Gilgamesh abruptly woke up from his previously peaceful sleep, finding his daughter already latching her tiny hands into his exposed stomach.

"Why didn't you wear any clothes, papa?" She asked, her big eyes following the movements of her father who reluctantly tried to sit up.

"It's itchy to wear a shirt when sleeping." Gilgamesh pulled his hair back yet it went back again forward, making you giggle.

"Let's go make breakfast, papa." You slowly climbed down from the bed, waiting for the grown man to finally stood up from the bed. He stood still for a second, turning his gaze at your already cheerful expression before letting out a sigh.

"Fine, let's go." You jumped a little in excitement and run off quickly from your father's bedroom, sprinting all the way downstairs and Gilgamesh instantly screamed in panic. "DON'T RUN DOWNSTAIRS LIKE THAT!!"

"Papa, I'm fine!" You shouted back once you finally reached the final steps, looking up to the already terrified Gilgamesh who froze upstairs. His eyes widening and his breath seemed to stop for a second.

"I swear, if you run downstairs again, I would just fling myself down to catch you." Though not wanting to mimic your dangerous actions, Gilgamesh climbed downstairs ever so slowly.

Gilgamesh has to suffer for approximately seven years to take care of his biological daughter whom he hated yet loved so much. Every day for him always filled with her giggling at Gilgamesh seemingly cold and arrogant yet cowardly and funny attitude. He's the kind of father who definitely will break in a sprint faster than Usain bolt if something ever happened to you.

That one time your classmate accidentally bumped into you? Gilgamesh's gaze matched that of an evil entity ready to strike down its prey. As terrifying as his gaze could be, you cried only to distract him and it did work because he immediately took you away, hugging you tightly with his strong arms while whispering sweet nothings that sound so unlike him.

That is just one time, there are various things as well but if we describe it in here, it will be a whirl of messy accidents compiled with you being a reckless and clumsy young girl and Gilgamesh being a terror to almost everyone who encounters him.

"It's Saturday, papa. Why don't we go to the amusement park?" You suggested with your legs swung around vertically.

"I hate that place. Full of idiots." He poured the hot water from the teapot and gently let the sugar cubes to fall into the brown liquid.

"Really? But it's fun though. I loved going on a ride." You tapped your chin thoughtfully, eyes darting out to the scenery presented through the opened windows. It was a peaceful morning, as usual, the sounds of children and their parents interacting could be heard from even inside your house.

It is weekend, the two days when everyone will try to spend their time with their beloved ones. It can be a small trip to a park, amusement park, shopping district or just a family restaurant. For you, weekend is also the best because there is no school and Gilgamesh always had his weekend off on any occasion. Since he is the head president of a company, he can go to his office and work whenever he wants.

His schedule is rather flexible and you are more than grateful because that means he can take you to your ballet courses and swimming courses all the time. Whenever he got a phone call, he rejected it and straight-up turning his attention to you. It is a bit too much but over the times you are happy that he spends all of his time with you because he is the only family you have.

"If you want to go to a shopping district and buy some stuff, let's go." The cup of tea is ready and he put it right at your side.

"Thank you, papa. But I don't know what to buy yet." You took the cup of tea with your hand and absorb the decent smell of chamomile before taking a slight sip on the edge of the cup. "Papa, thank you for always making this tea!"