𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Start from the beginning

"Orlando, or Orcus, and I are going to school. I'll see you later." 

"Alright, goodbye. Have a good day." I groan. 

Yvi smiles, walking out of my room and into the elevator with Orcus. When I hear the elevator doors shut, I sit up, stretching out my sore arms and back. My cell phone begins to ring and I answer it immediately, seeing that it's Chloe. 

"Detective!" I exclaim. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" 

"Good morning Lucifer. I just wanted to call and tell you that last night, Jordan Mendes confessed to having two of his men go out to look for Tia after she was reporting missing, and ended up finding her in a suitcase in the trunk of some middle-aged man's car. So Mr. Boucher's story checks out. We now have to interview Mr. Mendes again so meet me at the station ASAP." 

"I-" 

I'm interrupted by the call ending. I scoff, throwing my phone onto the soft mattress. I go into my bathroom and get ready for the day, brushing my teeth, showering, styling my hair, and so on. Once finished, I change into a white dress shirt with a black matching blazer and slacks. I slip into my Churches (dress shoes) and tie them. Once finished I grab my necessities like my phone, wallet, and flask. After I rush out of the building and into the parking lot. I hop into my Corvette and speed my way to the station. Many honks and running red lights later, I arrive and rushing into the station. I walk down the steps and am faced with Chloe. 

"Hm, on time," She points. "A first in the history of us working together." 

"I take our work very seriously, Detective," I smirk. 

She just rolls her eyes playfully. 

"Come on, Jordan's waiting for us in the interrogation room." 

"Alright. I just need a second to eat, I'm absolutely famished." 

I walk over to the fridge, trying to find something to ease my stomach. My eyes are immediately fixated on the last pudding cup. Sweet chocolatey goodness. Without thinking or doubt in my mind, I grab the treat and a spoon that's in a basket of utensils. I remove the plastic seal from the pudding's container and dig into the thick substance, smiling in delight. In about two minutes, I finish the pudding, throwing the container and spoon into the recycling bin, not before cleaning it with a wet napkin though. Save the turtles, or whatever the kids say these days. I walk over to Chloe who's talking to an officer. She looks at me and excuses herself from her previous conversation. 

"Ready?" The Detective asks. 

"Yep." 

She opens the door and I'm faced with Mr. Mendes handcuffed to the table, with a scared expression on his face as he sees me walk into the room. 

(author's note: Jordan Mendes's name was originally Shawn Martinez, but I realized that the name sounded like Shawn Mendes, and baby Shawn doesn't deserve to be portrayed as this evil character. AND YES THE CHARACTER'S LAST NAME IS MENDES! Shawn is just always on my mind, okay.)

"W-What is he doing here?" He stutters. 

"Lucifer's my partner. Would you like him to leave?" Chloe asks. 

I intimidatingly stare at him, waiting for an answer. 

"No, it's fine," Jordan says. 

The Detective and I take a seat across from Mr. Mendes.