Chapter 49: Time Well Spent

La'Daisha P.O.V:

After Brian left I took a long time getting up the stairs. I was collecting my thoughts and preparing myself for whatever Davis was gonna throw my way.

I opened the door to our bedroom and I saw him sitting at the edge of the bed with his back facing me. I crawled to him on the bed and hugged him from behind.

I heard him sigh. I spoke first, "Davis."

"What did he want???" He says getting straight to the point.

"I told you I invited him over."

"Why???" He says dryly.

I hesitate before answering, "Because we needed to talk.. about our friendship and where it was going."

"Yall still friends???"

"Yes." I say barely audible.

He put his head in his hands.

"Why does it bother you that we are just friends???"

"Do I really have to find a female friend and show you how much that shit hurts??? Could you even imagine falling in love with someone and probably losing them to they best friend that they been fuckin with for a long time???" He aint even look at me or wait on my answer, "Cuz clearly you aint gettin the picture hea."

"I understand it's hard for you but I can't just stop..."

"Loving him???" He cut me off. He sounded so heart broken.

I was so taken back by his words it took me a minute to respond, "No baby, I love you." I got around and sat in his lap, straddling him.

He looked at me then looked away, "What if he kissed you???"

"He wouldn't."

"Dai-Light don't play. I seen the way that nigga looked at you, he was feenin fa ya kisses."

I cracked a smile and rest my hands in his lap.

"Mane, it aint funny. I seen the way you look at him too, I know because it's the same look you give me."

I frowned, "Okay but didn't I say I love you??? Davis, stop lettin him come between us."

"Nahh mane, you lettin him come between us." He moved me off of him and got up. He took off his shirt and kept on his tank top making me bite my bottom lip.

"I'm not, it's just... hard trynna stop bein friends with him when I've known him all my life."

"So I'm gonna be the easy one to drop huh???"

"Davis, don't put words in my mouth."

"Well tell me exactly what you mean. Why can't we just get the nigga outta the picture???"

I palmed my face, "Don't make me choose between you two Davis, it's not happening. Yall are both stayin in my life and that's final."

He stared at me as his face grew red. He stormed out.

I heard him go down the stairs and out the front door. I put my knees up to my stomach which was now in knots.

I can't believe he just up and left me here by myself. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. Why is this happening to me???

Then I heard the door open again and I heard him coming up the stairs, he walked back in the room holding his tank top in his hand.

He walked up to me grabbing my face and connecting our foreheads, "I'm sorry Dai-Light just... I'm afraid of losing you and I just noticed I didn't make it any better by leaving."