8

*2024 RE-WRITE. COMPLETE CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL STORY. LATER CHAPTERS WILL BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY, AND WILL SEEM CONFUSING TILL EDITED. Short chapter!

Dalia's pov

i run out the house, feet pounding on the ground and i don't turn back. 18 years. 18 years i was stuck in that hell hole with no way out. "i'll get you, i'll find you, you little whore!"
i rush onto the train and take a seat. no one was on but me. funny. i wipe my tears away and fix my self in the reflection of the window.

i finally left. he hurt me for so long, and i hated it. he's the reason why i'm like what i am. he was supposed to care for me, protect me, from the ones who hurt me. but he did all but that. it started when i was only 13, and he 16. 5 years of the same shit every night. the same bruises to be left, the same lies to cover them up, everything. it was a endless cycle that i knew i couldn't escape.

i got lucky this time. i was prepared. i wasn't going to spend my birthday strapped to his bed being bruised up again. i wanted to be properly loved. and now that i was 18, it was all legal. i had spent this whole year saving up money, making sure to buy things for when i run. i had to blame it on me getting feminine products.

i didn't have a car. i wasn't that important in the family to have one. but i know how to now.

i flutter my eyes open and yawn. i press my body against the hard one behind me, and smile as an arm wraps around my waist.

"good morning" i ended up shutting my eyes, not wanting to leave his embrace and warmth. "mmh, good morning beautiful." he hummed on my skin. my eyes shoot open and i attempt to move from his arms. "no, no, leave me alone! how'd you get here!" his grip was tight and firm. "i told you i would always find you." tears were streaming down my face.

"please leave me alone. i don't belong to you anymore!" "Dalia. wake up" "leave me alone!"
"Dalia!" my eyes shoot open to find myself on the floor in my bedroom. i look around and sob.

"i swore, he was just," "it was a dream, Dal. i'm here." he pulled me up into his arms and we rocked slowly. "it was a nightmare". i look at the bedside clock and groan. it was nearly 3 am.

"sorry- for waking you" i was still sobbing. that nightmare hit to close too home. "it's ok. all i care about is your ok." i nod as he smoothed down my, most likely, nightmare bed-head. "i'll tell you in the morning." "oh, dalia no, it's ok. it seems like a sore subject for you to handle right now..." i shut my eyes and sigh.

no, i want too.