Welcome

*Make Sure Y'all Leave Comments And Vote

*3 Weeks Later*

I opened the door to my new house and set my keys down on the table. Here we are, back at it again. I learned my lesson from last time and hired actual movers. I propped the door open and ran to the car. Lauren was already at the back door. I slid behind her, "I got it bae" I leaned over and stared down at King, my son. I adjusted his little Nike cap that he keeps pulling down on his face. His eyes widened when he saw my silver chain above him. I unbuckled him as the moving truck pulled into the yard. I made sure they're doing his room first so we can get him all set up.

Lauren grabbed her bag and the pizza we picked up on the way and went inside the house. No matter whats going on, trust me. That woman gonna eat. I grabbed King and the diaper bag and brought him in the house. He was cooling by himself so we left him in the seat. I was trying to find his spare bottle in the back seat of the car when my phone rang.

I looked at it. Damn it's Laila. Don't get me wrong she has spent time with him but, honestly only cuz she was so fucked up after she had King. I mean I kind of feel bad. But this past week I've been pretty much ignoring her. I don't need her thinking this is going to be a thing.

"Hey you gonna answer that?"

I spun around. I hadn't even noticed Lauren came back outside. She was holding King close to the chest while he stared around at all the leaves falling.

"Bae you sure he should be outside yet?"

"Well your mom said it was time, if something goes wrong blame her"

"Trust me, I have no problem blaming her" I chuckled.

I started digging through the back seat when I heard my phone start ringing again. Damn man this girl just don't give up.

I finally picked up the phone. "What's up man"

"Jordan..oh my God I've been calling you all day. Are you okay?"

"Yea I've been pretty busy moving today but that's it man what's up?"

"Oh..."

"Oh what? Can I help you with something?"

"Umm you should probably call Zach?

"Huh? Why?"

Nice I finally found the fucking bottle.

"Just do it Jordan please." She hung up the phone. Shit. I got so many questions. Why she hang up? What's going on? My stomach turned as I thought of all kind of crazy scenarios.

I guess I was zoned out into space for a while. "Babe what's wrong?" I glanced over. Lauren was rocking King, he was almost asleep.

I grabbed the bottle and walked back into the house. " I really don't know I got to call Zach something going on."

I said down on the couch and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Aye Z what's going on man talk to me?"

"Damn Jordan I was trying to let you enjoy today with your people."

"Nah bro fuck all of that talk to me?"

Lauren came back in the living room and sat down beside me. I guess she went ahead and laid him down.

"Bruh... PJ just got locked up?"

"Oh damn that ain't nothing new man what he do now.."

"Jordan that's not the problem the problem is he just got a murder charge.. they think he killed Ty."

I paused. I thought all of this was over.

"What's going on baby?"
Her voice sounded like I was under water. Everything I ever work for flashed before my eyes. I handed the phone to her while Zach was mid-sentence and walked away. I walked straight to my new bottle of Henny and opened it. I took two shots and stared out the kitchen window. I was so far gone I didn't even hear Lauren walk up behind me.

"Calm down don't let this get to you."

"Babe he got a murder charge. And I'm the one that did it. Ain't shitt calm." I could feel my chest get tight.

"He's your friend right? Y'all been through everything together right? Then he's gonna have your back and you're going to have his." The way she spoke was so soothing, it was almost like PJs life wasn't in jeopardy.

"I'ma hit him up"

"Good baby"

Then it hit me, I remembered that the last time we spoke, he was mad and low key salty as fuck. He already swore up and down I left him hanging. Man damnnnn. I text Zach asking where they was holding him. I got to talk to him man, I can't lose my life, my family. I just got them.