"When was the last time you spoke to your Father?" DCI Campbell glanced down at her notebook and I raised an eyebrow as I tried to think about it.

"Christmas." I finally answered, I caught the uniformed officers shocked look before it quickly disappeared and even I knew how bad that sounded.

"Christmas?" Campbell questioned and I nodded. "Do you often go this long without speaking to him?"

"Not usually." I lied, "It's a very busy time of year for Carmichael Holdings. The start of a new year, and of course the start of a fiscal year. Sometimes we get tied up in our own lives."

"When was the last time you left the country with your Father?"

I swallowed as Campbell continued on, her hands jotting things down quickly as she seemed to listen intently to what I was saying. I glanced at Harry out the corner of my eye to see his arms crossed and I wondered if he was as nervous as I was still.

"Beginning of December." I licked my lips, "Why?"

"We're just currently unaware of his whereabouts. Just making sure he's in reach if we need to get into contact with him. Where did you go at the beginning of December?"

"America."

"What state?"

"New York."

"Why?"

"It was a holiday." I lied, watching as Campbell's eyebrows raised.

"You went on holiday with your Father?"

"Of course."

"Have you ever met this man Miss Carmichael?"

I blinked as a photo was suddenly produced, held out in front of me and I glanced down at it, the bald headed man was the man from one of the photos from New York. I recognised the thick scar over his eyebrow.

"No." I said truthfully.

"Has your Father?"

I had to be careful here.

"I can't say." I said evenly, "I don't keep tabs on every single person my Father comes into contact with."

"How many bank accounts do you have Miss Carmichael?"

"Er, what?" I blinked, blindsided by the question, my eyes flicking to Harry who was already looking at me.

"How many bank accounts are you in your name Miss Carmichael?" DCI Campbell rephrased the question.

"Two."

"What on Earth would a twenty one year old university student need two bank accounts for?"

"I'm an irresponsible spender."

"Does your Father deposit money into those accounts?" Campbell asked as if I hadn't spoken.

"One of them, yes, my family have been with the same bank for years."

Nobody said anything after I spoke and I was sure everyone, not just the three people sat around me but everyone in the café could hear my heart beating. Beating so loudly and wildly I was sure it was visible through my skin.

"Thank you Miss Carmichael you've been very helpful. We'll be sure to find you here if we have any more questions."

I blinked as DCI Campbell stood and nodded before leaving us, the uniformed officer following close behind and I exhaled before I turned to Harry with wide eyes.

"We need to go." Harry stated the moment he looked at me and I blinked at him in confusion. "It's quarter to six. We need to go."

I swallowed as I nodded stupidly, heading back down the cafe to see Meredith wiping over the already spotless coffee machine and she smiled.