Forty

Alyssa's POV:

Scott, Kira, Stiles, Lydia and I sat in the Sheriff's station as we got questioned by Agent McCall. "So when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles said.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me," Scott answered.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles questioned, obviously annoying the hell out of him.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles told Scott.

"I think he's asking the both of you," Lydia retorted.

Agent Dickface sighed. "Okay, let me answer the questions. Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right."

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing at how annoyed the agent was. He continued on to say, "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

Stiles stared at him as though the answer were obvious, and it kind of was. "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

Agent McCall frowned. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

Stiles shrugged. "Yeah, what can I say. I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."

Sheriff Stilinski attempted to bite back a laugh and failed. "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess."

Agent Dickface sighed and turned to Scott and Kira. "What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza," Scott answered.

"Eating sushi," Kira corrected.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

"Eating pizza and sushi," Kira and Scott said.

Agent McCall looked at the sheriff in disbelief. "You believe this?"

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

Everyone looked at her as she nodded. "Yes. Could I get my phone back now?"

The agent shook his head. "Sorry, but no. Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first."

The next day at school, there was still no power, but of course, there was still class. As per usual, I met Stiles by his locker. A key fell out and Stiles stared at it. "Oops! Hello. Where did you come from?"

I pointed across the hall. "Uh, from my locker... oh. You're staring at a key. Okay."

Stiles continued staring at the key as Scott arrived. We saw a door open and Kira walked out. Scott attempted to follow her and Stiles grabbed his arm. "No. No. Stop. Stop."