Thirteen

Season Two

A couple days later, I headed back to the hospital.

I saw Stiles lying on several chairs near the front desk and he was sleep talking. "Ohh--Just like that. No, no, you first. Me first?"

Mr. Martin sighed. "He's been here all night?"

Melissa frowned. "He's been here all weekend."

"You're dirty." Stiles spoke again.

The intercom went off. "Paging Dr. Stateman. Dr. Statemen, please."

I managed to shake Stiles awake. He wiped his eyes and smiled at me. "Hey."

I smiled. "I don't have my wallet and I'm kinda hungry."

"Are you asking me to get you a Milky Way bar?" Stiles teased. "I could use something as well."

We made our way to a vending machine. Stiles put in the money and selected the right combination, but it stopped part way. "Seriously? Come--"

He shook it a few times. "Maybe try selecting the combo again?" I suggested.

Stiles shook his head. "I have a better way."

I bit my lip as he began pulling the vending machine out. "Just--Gah! It's not gonna work." The vending machine came crashing down. "Whoa!"

I gave him a look as I bit back a laugh. "My way would have been better, yes?"

Stiles mocked me, but nodded in defeat as we heard a crashing, unrelated to the vending machine. "Lydia? Lydia!" Stiles called.

"What the hell was that?" Melissa inquired.

"Lydia?" Stiles and I called.

We ran to Lydia's room and into her bathroom only to see her hospital gown on the floor. Lydia was out in the middle of the woods alone, butt naked. This was getting better and better.

"Lydia?" Scott repeated.

The sheriff appeared and we told him the story. "Naked? As in nude?"

Melissa nodded. "I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but, yes, as far as we know, she left here clothing-optional."

Sheriff Stilinski frowned. "All right, you checked the whole hospital, right?"

"Every last corner," Melissa told him.

"Nothing suspicious?" Sheriff Stilinski asked as he glanced at me and Stiles.

"Nothing. She just took off."

"All right, let's get an APB out on a 16 year old redhead. Any other descriptions?"

"She's 5'3, green eyes, fair-skinned, and she'd kill you if she heard you say redhead. She's actually strawberry blonde," I answered.

Sheriff Stilinski raised an eyebrow. "Is that right?"

Stiles and I nodded and said, "Yeah."

"Uh, come here. What the hell are you two still doing here?"

"Um, providing moral support?" Stiles answered as a question.

"Yeah. Moral support," I repeated.

Sheriff Stilinski was not impressed. "Uh huh. How 'bout you provide your ass and Alyssa's back home, where you should be."

Stiles nodded. "Okay, I can do that too."

"Yeah," Sheriff Stilinski said in a tone.

"Mm," Stiles hummed as he took my hand.