Fourteen

Beacon Hills High School. Center of drama and torture. As we trudged through the halls, Scott said, "I'm serious. It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same."

"Oh," Stiles scoffed slightly, "does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me and Ally?"

"I swear I don't have the urge to maim and kill you."

"You know, you say that now, but then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay? And it's very stressful on us and so yes, I'm still locking you up."

I gave Stiles a quick wave goodbye as I ran up to Allison and Lydia. "You really don't remember anything?" Allison asks.

Lydia shrugged. "They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked once again.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

An irritated look flashed across Allison's face. "Lyds, perhaps a little less accusation. Be gentle."

Lydia gave me a slight nod as everyone stared at her as soon as we entered the school. "Maybe it's the nine pounds," Allison said quietly.

I headed out to the lacrosse field and saw the boys getting ready for lacrosse practice. I saw Scott and Stiles conversing and I was instantly worried. They were obviously up to something nefarious. I walked up to them and asked, "What sort of nefarious plan are the two of you up to now?"

Stiles gave me a small smile as he turned back to Scott and said, "I told Coach you're switching with Danny for the day."

Scott frowned. "But I hate playing goal."

"Remember when I said I had an idea? This is the idea."

"Oh."

"There we go."

"What's the idea?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, Stiles, what do you have in mind?" I inquired as I met his eyes.

Stiles rolled his eyes at Scott. "I seriously don't understand how you survive without me sometimes. Ally, you'll just have to wait and see."

"Let's go! Line it up! Devereaux, get off my field! Faster! Make daddy proud," Coach yelled.

I made my way over to the bench as I saw Scott knock a player down before he helped him up. "McCall!" I heard Coach yell.

Scott said something and Coach told him, "Usually the goalie stays somewhere within the vicinity of the actual goal."

Scott returned to the goal and repeated his previous action. I'd since moved back to the bench and was sitting by Stiles. "Stilinski, Devereaux, what the hell is wrong with your friend?"

"Uh, he failing two classes. He's a little socially awkward--" Stiles began.

I interrupted Stiles and finished, "--and if you look close enough, his jaw is kind of uneven."

"That's interesting." Coach nodded. "Let's fire it up."

Jackson sat on the bench and Scott found out who the apparent second werewolf was. Isaac Lahey. He was in a couple of my classes, but always sat in the back and never said a word. I didn't know him all that well.

After lacrosse practice, the three of us gathered together to talk to Sheriff Stilinski. Scott glanced at Isaac. "His father's dead. They think he was murdered."