Chapter 8

"Come on slinthead, wake up!" I rubbed my eyes, and saw chucks face at least 3 inches away from mine, smiling down at me.
"Chuck you scared the shuck out of me" I said, getting up.
"Frypans making BACON today!" He said, dragging me out of my tent and over to the cafeteria. I saw everyone sitting where we normally sat, Minho... Winston... Newt... Newt?
Fuck.
I forgot about the night before. I wanted to sit beside someone other than Newt so nothing was awkward, but Winston signalled me to sit beside him. Of course. Winston is sitting beside Newt. It'll be fine, Thomas! Stop worrying. I sat down beside Winston and.. newt. Minho was sitting across from me. He kept giving me a terrifying glare and it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. What was his deal?  honestly, This is getting stupid.
Gally then walked over and sat across from Newt. Newt immediately tensed up and grabbed my hand. What the fuck? I looked at him but he was just intensely staring at the table. Whats going on? I could feel his hand shaking and Minho was staring directly at him.
"Hey Newt are you okay?" He said.
Gally shot his head up and gave Newt a glare. Newt looked at Gally then back down.
"Y- yeah. I'm fine" he said.
Something was definitely wrong.
Gally got up.
"Come on Newt. I need to talk to you" he said.
Newt shivered when he said that.
Without saying anything, Newt got up and followed Gally outside, into the... forest? I got up and trailed after them.
"P-please. S-stop it"
"Shut up!" He said as he punched him across the face.
Newt was crying. I walked over and Gally had Newt pinned up against a tree. Gally couldn't see me, his back was facing me.
"You stupid faggot. you're a failure! A waste of a life! you should've died but you failed at that too!" He said, pressing him harder against the tree with his arm.
"Leave him alone!" I yelled. Gally let go of Newt and he fell to the floor. Gally shoved me to the ground. I got back up and he pushed me again. I quickly rolled over and punched him.

Wha-did i just-yes I did. I just punched him.

Gally got up covering his mouth. He spit out a bunch of blood on the ground.
"You'll regret this" Gally said as he walked away. He turned his head.
"Both of you"
"What the fuck Tommy?!" Newt said getting up.
"Why did you do that?!" He yelled.
"What?" I said.
"Tommy you don't understand! You have no idea what he'll do to you" he said.
"Newt I'll be fine. It's not like he'll kill me" I told him.
"I'd think twice about that one" he mumbled to me. Wait what?
"You don't know what he's capable of, Tommy" he said, wiping blood off his face.
"Newt... how long has he been doing this to you?" I asked him.
"He's been doing it for at least a year" he told me, holding his wrist. I wanted to see his wrist so bad. What was underneath the ravelled up cloth?
"It all started way back when Gally first came up in the box. He and I got along pretty well, until one day Alby chose the second-in-command. Gally was so sure that he would get it, but Alby chose me instead. That night when I went to talk to him.. he started yelling. And throwing things. Calling me weak, stupid and a waste of a life. Then it started happening regularly. Whenever we were alone he would beat me up and yell at me. I tried to tell Alby about it... but then Gally found out and that night instead of punching me... he brought Minho and made him watch me get beaten up. Minho is the only one that knew about it and neither of us told anyone-Well until now. Tommy, promise me you won't tell anyone about this"
I nodded.