Chapter 3

(Newt's POV)

I was sitting by the fire with Minho, Winston and Frypan.

We were mostly talking and laughing.

"So" Minho finally said.

"That new kid" I suddenly looked up.

"Yeah, Thomas" Winston answered.

"He made quite the run this morning" Frypan said, laughing.

"Oh yeah?" Minho said, smiling.

"Yeah, he started running at full speed then fell right on his face" Winston laughed. All of a sudden my hand started to shake. This happened sometimes, its unpredictable. I suddenly stood up.

"Newt? Are you-" and I ran into the forest.

(Thomas's POV)

I saw Newt run into the forest. Minho followed him in. What was going on? I got up and started walking over. Chuck stood up and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dude what are you doing?" He asked me.

"I- I'll be right back." And I walked through the trees. I saw them sitting together, and Newt was crying. I hid behind a bush and peeked through some branches.

"Minho I- I cant d-do it anymore" Newt sobbed. His hands were shaking.

"Newt look at me" Minho said.

Newt slowly looked up. His eyes were red and puffy.

"I-it h-hurts too m-much" he cried.

"Let me see" Minho said. Newt flinched and held his hands closer to him.

"Newt, show me your hand" he said again. Newt slowly unraveled his wrist.

Minho didn't say anything. He just stared at his wrist and looked as if he were about to cry. Tears streamed down Newt's face. He slowly helped him wrap it back up, while Newt put his head on Minho's shoulder and cried. What was so bad? Was there something on his wrist?

I fell over. The bushes rustled, and I closed my eyes hoping they didn't hear me.

"Who's there?" Minho yelled.

Minho and Newt exchanged confused glances, then Minho got up and walked over. He looked behind the bush next to me. I was inside the bush, covering my mouth squeezing my eyes shut, trying as hard as I possibly could not to make any noise.

"There's no one here" Minho said, relieved. He walked back over to Newt, but Newt was still looking towards the bushes.

"Newt... I have to get back now. are you okay to go back?" He asked Newt. Newt looked back over to Minho.

"Yeah, I'll be right behind you." He replied.

Minho left, and newt stayed sitting there.

"Tommy, I know you're out there" he yelled out.