Chapter 4

(still Thomas's POV)

I slowly stood up, nervously looking over where newt was sitting. He didn't look up. He was sitting down against a tree looking down, and I couldn't really see his eyes.

I sat across from him. Seeing him like this really made me upset- there was something about him that was different from the others.

"What's wrong with your wrist?" I finally asked him.

"I don't want to talk about it" he said, still looking down.

"Newt you can trust me, I won't te-"

"I said I don't want to bloody talk about it, Tommy" he said angrily. He got up, clutching his wrist. I had a lump in my throat. "Newt I-"

And with that he got up and walked away. I didn't know what to do, so I followed him back into the glade. He walked into a closet in the homestead, and I waited for a few seconds outside then slowly creeked the door open. He was sitting against the wall with his arms wrapped around his knees. He didn't look up at me, but he knew I was there.

"Newt..." I said, sitting down beside him. There were tears streaming down his face. His eyes were looking into mine filled with sorrow. I couldn't take it anymore. I hated seeing him like this. I suddenly felt a rush of emotion flood through my body.

I held the sides of his face and pressed my lips against his. I couldn't believe how stupid I was but it was already happening. His cheeks were wet and I could feel his tears running down my hands. I felt him flinch and kind of back up a bit, and then he put his hands over my ears and started kissing back.