Chapter 2

FIVE NEWT

Alby walked over to me and crossed his arms.

"That kid is crazy" he told me. I smiled.

"Crazy?" I repeated.

"I think he asked me 30 questions in 3 minutes. The kid's gonna stay in the slammer till he stops running around the whole place"

I heard another shriek come from the maze.

Alby and I sat down along with Chuck and Gally by the door.

"They're getting closer" Alby said softly.

"The grievers can't hurt us from here" I said, looking at him.

"It's not us I'm worried about" he said, walking towards the door.

He stood there, With his arms on his hips staring into the long, stony corridor.

"Maybe they just forgot to come back by twelve, and they'll be coming back at three like normal" Chuck said, trying as hard as he could to stay optimistic. Alby didn't answer.

"Maybe" I said as Alby walked away. Alby was scared, I could tell. It seemed as if he tried to hide his emotions. It were as if he wanted to prove that he was tough all the time, when really he was sad sometimes. We all were.

"That's it" I said. I stood up.

"I'm going in" I said, walking towards the doors. Alby pushed me aside.

"No you're not." He said, sternly.

"Why not? Why can't I go in? Are you worried about my bloody leg? I can still run. Stop treating me like a child" I told him.

"Newt, you can't go in. Just listen to Alby for once" Gally said from behind. I rubbed my forehead. I was annoyed with everyone but I didn't want to cause a problem.

"I'M going in." Alby said. And with that, he ran in.

"Alright then" I mumbled angrily.

I went and sat back down with Gally and Chuck. I sat down hand first and stumbled over. I held my left wrist where the cloth was. Gally and Chuck looked at me as I sat back up, quickly letting go of my wrist. Gally squinted at me. He knew something was wrong, I could tell. I quickly looked away from him, the eye contact was making me nervous that he'll find out. I cant let anyone find out. Not now.

"You okay?" Chuck asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" I said, smiling. I definitely wasn't okay.

(Thomas's POV)

where am I? I have no idea what's going on. Why can't I remember anything?

I groaned as I rubbed my head. I'm so hungry, when was the last time I ate?

Why does everyone hate me? The questions were just flooding through my head. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. The last thing I need is for these people to think I'm a cry baby. When is that kid going to come back and let me out of here?

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw a little kid, he was sort of chubby and had brown curly hair.

"Yeah" I answered. The boy smiled.

"I'm Chuck" he held out his hand through the bars.

"I'm Thomas" I said, shaking his hand.

"I'm supposed to let you out of here, Newt sent me over" he said, fiddling with the door.

"Okay, thanks" I said. Finally, I've been in here for at least an hour.

"Ok, lets go over to Newt and Gally and see what they want with you" he said, signalling me to follow him with his hand.

I followed Chuck through the big field and saw gardens, a farm, and some wooden structures. This place was so weird... We walked all the way to the other side of the place and I saw to boys sitting down, just looking at the weird concrete walls. One had dark hair that was sort-of long, and one was blonde with short hair.

"Hey" Chuck said. They both turned around. The boy with the dark hair looked as if he wanted to kill me. Great, another person who hates me.

"Hey" the blonde one answered, standing up. He was a little bit taller than me.

"I'm Newt" he said, looking up. He had a strong british accent. I held out my hand to shake his, but he sort of looked at my hand then cleared his throat.

"So, um, Chuck can show you around" he said. The dark-haired one gave him a look.

"What's through there?" I asked, walking towards the concrete hallway. All of a sudden, the dark haired one pushed me over. The blonde one, his name was Newt I think? He sort of hesitated as if he we're trying to stop him, then he stopped himself and scratched his head.

"Listen, Greenie. Stop asking questions. Through there? Don't go there." The Dark haired one said, looking down at me. I stood up.

"Yeah, got it." I said. That kid annoyed me. What was his problem?

Newt watched me stand up and he looked over to Chuck, who then stepped forward. "Okay Thomas, let me show you around" he said, walking back towards the gardens. I looked over to Newt and quickly looked away. I didn't want to look like a creep.

Then, I heard a scream coming from the walls. Newt jumped up and ran over. Three boys ran out of the maze, and one of them was the one that put me in the jail cell.

Newt was smiling and Chuck was too.

"Minho what took you so long?" Newt asked.

"I'll tell you later," he said, looking at me, as if he didn't want me to hear something.

"This is Tommy," Newt said, still smiling.

Tommy. I liked that.