Chapter 16- Confession

Start from the beginning

"S-Sonic?" Amy yelped as her hair was blown around wildly. "That idi-" She stopped when she saw Sonic buying two ice creams (one strawberry and other blueberry) and then dashed in front of her. With all the times she spent with him, she didn't even blink at his speed.

"Strawberry?" He offered a cone. Amy blushed, nodded, and took it. 

"T-Thank you." She licked the frozen treat and smiled at the taste. "Hmm~"

He grinned. "I thought you needed something to eat to get your thoughts out of your mind." He shrugged, smiling. "So, did it work?" 

Amy licked her ice cream, feeling the cold treat erase all her thoughts. "Mhmm!" She nodded. 

"I'm glad! Where should we go next?" He asked, seemingly excited to spend time with her. Amy tilted her head in confusion. 

"I'm pretty sure I said to get some fresh air, not to walk around." 

Sonic rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "That's boring!" Then an imaginary light bulb shone on above his head. "I know! Let's go to my favorite chili dog stand!"

She raised her right eyebrow, seemingly surprised by his offer. 'He must be doing it for me.' She fought the urge to frown. 'I really do make everyone worry. Even for the simplest things.' Seeing the blue blur waiting for an answer, she replied, "Sure, I guess. Maybe you're right, walking around is boring." She can't let Sonic waste his efforts of making her happy.

He fist bumped the air, yelling, "Alright!"Then he turned around and kneeled on one knee. "Get on my back, it will be faster this way." Amy blushed and reluctantly got on. Sonic placed his arms below her thighs so she won't fall off. The pink hedgehog fought the urge to blush madly. 

"HANG ON!" Sonic screamed before disappearing like a blur.

~**~

Amy didn't scream, in fact, she laughed. Seeing your surroundings blur like a paint splashed on canvas was amazing! Running at the speed of light was mind-blowing, no wonder Sonic love it. Unfortunately, it was only 10 seconds before the fun was over.

"We're here!" 

Amy got off his back and tried to fix her hair which was tangled into knots. "Great, get me a chili dog, will you? I need to fix my hair." She asked, wincing whenever she accidentally pull the knots. Sonic nodded, though reluctantly, and walked away to a nearby chilli dog stand.

After a minute of fixing her hair, she took a step forward when she was hit on the head by a pebble which was the size of a toe nail. "What the...?" She turned behind her and saw a fuming cat with a very skimpy attire. "What's the big idea?!" She glared in annoyance.

The cat glowered in disgust and rage. "You!  How dare you be near with Sonic. HE'S MINE, YOU HEAR ME?!"

'Oh...a fan girl. Of course.' Amy thought with disdain. She glanced at Sonic, who was waiting patiently for his orders, then to the girl. "Look, Sonic is nobody's. He is not a possession so..." She let her powers surged through her, but she wasn't going to use it. Yet. Instead, she let it gather in her eyes, making her emerald orbs glow even brighter. Glaring at the now surprised female, she let her irritation show. "BACK OFF!" 

Of course, she sent a blast of wind from her body, throwing the girl away and hitting her head on a tree, losing consciousness. Amy swept her glowing eyes on the girl's body, scrutinizing her for any injuries. Seeing none, she turned and ran to Sonic's side- who was now holding chilli dogs on both hands.

"Here you go, Ames." He handed her one.

The pink hedgehog blushed at the nickname and took a bite of her treat to hopefully get her mind off it. After finished eating, they took a leisure walk around.