Chapter 4- Sonic and Tails

Amy was in a dark abyss. Her body was glowing and floating in the depths of nothing. Her pendant was clutched on her chest as its glow began to dim.

"Save us."

Amy slowly opened up her eyes when she heard the soothing voice. "Save who?"

"Control it. Don't let it overpower you."

"What do you mean?" Amy asked. She felt as if she was awake and asleep at the same time. "Who are you?"

"Don't let him get you! You  must be safe!"

Amy was surprised at the tone of the voice. It sounds as if it was important.

"He will come for you. And when he does, be ready."

"What do you mean?! Who is he?!" Amy yelled. She held the pendant tighter. 

Suddenly, the abyss began to light up. As if a light shone upon it. 

"Be ready."

"WAIT!"

"AMY!"

~*~*~*~

Amy's eyes snapped open. She sat upright while still clutching the pendant and breathe heavily. 'What was that about?'

"Ames! Thank God, you're alright!" A sudden familiar voice exclaimed in relief.

Amy slowly turned her head to look at the owner of the voice and quietly gasped. "Sonic?" She asked, confused. She looked around the room and found herself on a couch with a blanket on. "What's going on?"

Sonic, the blue-furred, green-eyed hero, crossed his arms. "I should be asking that. While I was out on my usual run, I saw you unconscious at the park. Mind explaining?" He asked in a tone that said you-better-tell-the-truth-no-argument-needed.

The pink hedgehog furrowed her brows before her face lit up in realization. She gave a sheepish smile and said, "Oh, I must have tripped." Which was a lie since Sonic could tell.

He raised his eyebrow with a look that said are-you-freaking-kidding-me? and I-am-no-idiot. But he didn't pressed the matter further.

The sudden sound of the door opening loudly made both hedgehogs jump in surprise. In came a two-tailed yellow fox, carrying a tray of cookies, chilli dogs and glasses of juice. When he saw Amy, he smiled widely.

"Nice to see you awake, Amy! When Sonic barged in through my door, carrying you, I panicked. You looked like a dead person since you were pale!" He said as he put the tray down the table in the middle of the living room. "So why did you fainted?"

"I- uhh, tripped."

The fox looked at Sonic, who crossed his arms, looking skeptical. He returned his gaze to the pink hedgehog. "Well, you're alright! And that's what matters."

Amy sighed in relief and smiled. "Thanks, Tails." She took a cookie on the tray and munched on it. "Hmm, these are delicious!"

Tails scratched the back of his head. "Thank you. I've been practicing."

"Anyway, let's dig in!" Sonic yelled as he took a bite of his chilli dog.

Amy giggled and reached for the glass of juice.

~*~*~*~*~

After eating, Amy was ready to go back home. After thinking in the midst of eating, she concluded that the person that voice was talking about was Janus.

She shivered. His name always brought a tingle down her spine. After that incident, she began to coped with the horrors of her parent's murder and fled. All the while, sealing her powers. Though she knew that he will find her sooner or later. She didn't expect it to reach years for him to find her.

On another note, if he finds her, he will hurt her friends just to get what he wants. 

As Amy was walking, she passed by a withered flower. She was too focus in thought to notice the flower became healthy again.

Unknown to Amy, the seal is slowly breaking. And her past and secret will slowly reveal.