Chapter 18: The Reunion

His heart pound in anxiousness and hope.

They found her.

They finally found her.

After years of endless search and prayers, they finally found their queen. 

Amy.

With this new found hope, Jake hurriedly ran as fast as he can towards their research facility. The facility was shaped like a dome made out of steel and silicone; the inside was filled with satellites signal, huge screen computers, holographic keyboards, visual display of their world (Metria) and several scientists bustling about. 

As soon as they caught sight of the general, they bowed in respect, getting one in return, before they immediately talked about their new findings. Inwardly groaning, the young general couldn't stay still.

"Well?"

A red fox in a whit suit stepped forward, a clipboard in hand. "We've tried to track the signature of her majesty's power ever since this facility expanded. However we had failed to get a reading."

"We suspect its because her majesty didn't use her powers so our tracker couldn't find her." Another piped up, pushing his glasses further up his nose.

The fox nodded and gestured the general towards the huge screen on the other side of the lab. The screen showed five planets labeled Solis, Aquesti, Metria, Terras, and Anima -respectively- which was surrounded by a green ring with another label, Elementum.

"A few months ago, we detected a spike -though just tiny like its barely there- so when we enlarged it," Pressing a key, the galaxy reduced in size until another galaxy was beside it with five planets. One of the planets has a blinking red dot. "We found this."

Jake hummed, eyes focused with ears open.

Taking it as an encouragement, the fox scientist continued. "At first we doubt of this because her majesty couldn't simply 'teleport' to another world -let alone a galaxy- despite possessing unnatural powers." He pressed a few keys again, the screen moved in to view the planet until it covered the whole screen. "But we tried of course even if it took a lot of time to enhance with what technology we have." He gave a little chuckle and pointed at the part where the red dot was blinking.

"So that's Mobius?"

"Yes, the town that the queen must be is in -no doubt- Station Square." 

The fox nodded then handed Jake the clipboard in his hand. It showed of a drawing of a 10 feet high and 5 feet wide metal ring with notes and labels all around it. His eyes analyzed it before looking back at the scientist.

"You're going to built a teleporter." It was not a question.

"More or less," The fox admitted with a scratch on his head. "It's more like a transporter or portal sort of thing. We thought a teleporter is dangerous since it rearranges your body particles in new places and change your being or maybe accidentally erases it. You don't want to lose a limb or two, right?" Jake shook his head. "This new project on the other hand, opens up a dimensional transporter that allows it to create tunnel connecting this world and another."

Jake took a moment to think. "How long can you build this thing?"

"A week at most if all of us work together. The requirements are not hard to find, we just need your permission."

Jake inwardly bit his cheek. His eyes scanned the project before it switched to the screen. A little more time and he would see her again. He needs to be more patients.

Sighing, his eyes turned serious as he locked gaze with the fox. "Professor Rex, you have my permission. Ask any of the guards to assist you with the shipments or carrying some of the equipment you need. I'll see to it that the Auroras are informed."