Scavenge

*~Y/N's POV~*

I felt heat from the sunlight hit my face. I opened my eyes and immediately shut them again because of the light hurting my eyes. I shifted my body to the other side so I was facing the wall or so I thought. I opened my eyes and saw Carl smiling in his sleep. I smiled widely and just now noticed that we were in an embrace, he had his hands on my waist. I blushed and looked back at him. I also noticed that our faces were inches apart. I blushed even more and saw that he moved a little. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

I felt a gap in the pillow and noticed he was sitting down next to me. "Everybody! Wake up! Breakfast!" I heard Rick yell. I then felt him get off the bed, I heard no footsteps so I stayed there. Suddenly I felt him kiss my forehead and started blushing. 'DAMN!! Darn my blushing!!!' I then felt him sit back down and tried to stop blushing. "Y/N I know your awake..." Carl said. With my eyes still closed, I responded "I didn't want to wake you up so yeah...".

"You weren't gonna wake me up," He said."Considering how clumsy am, I think so," I said. I heard him giggle and opened one eye. I smiled, sat up and ran my fingers though my hair. I saw him blush and giggled."Please tell me you were sleeping when I did that..." He said blushing while looking down. I smiled, scooted closer and said "Nope!". He blushed and I giggled. "It's alright," I said as I kissed his cheek.

I saw his face get flooded with red and laughed. "C'mon let's go get breakfast!" I said as I got up. He got up and smiled. He then immediately hugged me tightly and swung me around. "Hey! Carl put me down" I said while giggling. "No!" He said as he carried me bridal style and ran out. I blushed, hid my face in his chest and whispered "Carl! Put me down everyone's staring!".

"What's so bad about that?" He asked as he kept on walking. I put a straight and looked at him."They're staring.." I said as I put my head in his chest again. He smiled and kept on walking. "Aww look the love birds are awake!" I heard a voice yell down the hall which I think was Daryl. I saw Carl blush as we continued walking.

We stopped right outside the dinner room and Carl finally put me down. I blushed and smiled. "Thank you for carrying me down towards here, you didn't have too but still thank you," I said as I hugged him. He smiled and I pulled away.

We both walked in and everyone stared at us. I noticed there wasn't much food left. There was a silence as we ate and then suddenly Rick started talking. "Okay so we're going to need more supplies, unfortunately they've taken most of ours two days ago. So we're gonna need a small group of people to volunteer to go on a scavenge, we're gonna be gone for probably two days," He announced. 'Who has taken their food? Maybe I should volunteer, it would be a great way of helping'.

"I'll go!" Daryl said. "I'll go too" Another woman said, she had a katana in her back. "We'll be glad to help" a woman said along with another guy smiling. 'I'm guessing they were together, she had short hair and I'm not trying to be resist or anything but he looked Asian.' I then shot back to reality.'Hurry! Before they call it off!' I looked around and then decided. "I volunteer," I said. Rick nodded and said "Okay then it's sett-"

"I'm going too" Carl interrupted Rick.

He looked at Carl, nodded and said "Okay then it's settled! We're leaving in 15 minutes,". With that being said we left and got ready to go.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
TIME SKIP

"I'm Maggie and this is Glenn," Maggie said while pointing at Glenn.

I smiled and waved.

"If you need help, you can ask us if you'd like," Glenn said smiling.

I nodded as they walked towards their car. I walked towards the car.