Expect the Unexpected

Hey! :) So please comment what you think and vote it always helps me out! :) For those of you who commented, you know who you are, thank you! Anyways, Happy reading and sorry for any mistakes :)

*~Y/N's POV~*

Carl put my hair behind my ear as I was sitting on his lap while resting my head on his chest. We had gotten in the car about an hour ago, I couldn't sleep and neither could he. Michonne was sleeping in the driver's seat but it was fine, I liked being with Carl. Daryl and Rick were guarding outside as we were resting. So far I was just sitting there trying to get everything that had just happened in my mind. It wasn't working..

I hugged Carl tighter and buried my face into his chest. He stroked my hair and then kissed my forehead. For the first time since the act, there was a voice, a sweet gentle one.

"Y/N..."

I looked up at Carl to see him looking down at me. "Go to sleep... " Carl whispered. I nodded gently and kissed his soft lips. I pulled away and laid my head on his chest. "I love you.." Carl said.

"I love you too.."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
T I M E S K I P!!!

I felt someone pull a strand of hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and saw Carl. I hugged him tighter as he just stared at me.

"You should save it to drink.." I over heard Rick say.

"You can't see yourself.. Here you can.." Daryl simply replied.

"I didn't know what they were..." Daryl said.

"How'd you wind up with them?" Rick asked.

"...I was with Beth..We got out together.. We were in there for long time.." Daryl said.

"... Is she dead?" Rick asked.

"She's just gone.." Daryl responded.

"After that, that's when they found me.. I mean I knew they were bad, but they had code, simple, stupid, but it was something, it was enough," Daryl continued.

"You were alone.." Rick said.

"They said they were looking for some guy, and I thought they said they spotted him.. I was hanging back, I was gonna leave, but I stayed.. That's when I saw it was you four, right when you saw me.. I didn't know what they could do.." Daryl said.

"It's not on you Daryl.." Rick said.

"Hey... It's not on you.." Rick repeated.

"You've been back with us here now.. that's everything," He continued.

There was a silence and I could tell Carl was overhearing as well.

"You're my brother..." Rick said.

I smiled slightly and Carl stroked my hair as they talked.

"Aye, what you did last night.. Anybody would've done that.." Daryl said.

"No, not that.." Rick said.

"Something happened.. That ain't you.." Daryl replied.

"Daryl, You saw what I did to Tyresse... It ain't all of it but that's me.. That's why I'm here now, that's why Carl is.. I want to keep him safe that's all that matters..." Rick said.

I looked up at Carl and he looked down at me. He grabbed my hand gently and looked at the cut. He rubbed his thumb over it and I winced in pain. He looked at me and got something out of his pocket. I looked at his hand to see he had a bandage. He wrapped the bandage over my wound and I winced. Once he was done he looked at me and kissed the wound with the bandage.