Chapter 93: We're One

"I'm so lonely right now." Elsa murmured sleepily.

Her personal spot (Even Aiden does not know of this) underneath the old tree gave her the sense of relief while Gale gently accompanied the leaves with his fresh breeze.

She decided to have a little solitude right after her working hours. The sun had calmed its intense rays, and the clouds helped cover the heat. The weather today is definitely enjoyable.

So here Elsa was, her royal uniformed body resting on the recliner underneath the aging tree. Her hair is pinned up in a chignon while her shoes are left messily beneath the space under the recliner.

"Good afternoon, wife."

Fortunately her wishes were immediately granted once she laid her eyes on the fire king tapping his foot in front of her, simply in a white shirt with rolled up sleeves and khakis pants.

"Cuddle with me." Elsa lazily held out her arms in invitation.

Aiden flashed her a childish smile and began kicking off his boots, "Your wish is my command, my queen."

Aiden finally got his boots off and gently lay down next to the love of his life, his nose brushing gently against her hair. He watched how her eyelashes would bat every time she blinks, and it was such an amazing sight.

"I love you." She said affectionately in a muffled tone.

Aiden smiled and kissed her forehead, "I love you too."

"How much?" She questioned playfully, even though she know what his answer would be.

"Endless eons." He replied, nuzzling her cheek, "To the next life and more."

She responded with a soft smile, "Pinky promise?"

How cute.

"Why, of course." Aiden winked, holding her against him tightly as he held up his pinky for her to take, "Pinky promise, my love."

And so she did.

"You know..." He whispered, still drowning in the fragrant scent of her hair, "We're like mirrors."

Elsa looked up at him questioningly, "Why is that?"

"We reflect what we've become from shattered shards, to that of a reflection of beauty."

Nodding, she kissed his cheek deeply and held his hand tightly, "Mirrors." She repeated lovingly.

Aiden's definition of mirrors was better than the one at the dictionary, in her perspective.
____________________________________
NIGHTTIME, South Swan Woods.

"They're inseperable."

"We've said that before, you know."

Agnarr looked at his eldest daughter and her husband dance around the swan lake, fireflies accompanying their silly dances and laughter. Anna eyed them with a grin and chuckled at her husband's words, "Two formerly broken but beautiful souls, tangled together."

"T-they are?" Iduna gasped.

"Soulmates are rare, mama, but they exist. You can clearly see," Anna motioned to the two, "How they think of each other. They are practically each other's half."

"The sight is new for us to see." Agnarr shrugged, "But nevertheless, it's gorgeous. How'd they meet?"

"Last year's European Summit, started with Aiden tripping over her cape. Then they started getting to know each other, then I don't know, the spark never died between those two. Ever since then, the flame never went out."

"They're the only ones who know how everything turned out," Kristoff laughed, "We're just observers. Their bond might be deeper than it looks like."

"It's just... It's too breathtaking."

"Yelana had even said she never sensed something so strong before," Anna folded her arms, "I have to agree, too. It's not that I'm judging Elsa, but... romance never was easy for her. It all came out of the blue. But how."

"It's a question that will never be answered, feisty pants." Kristoff sighed, "But it's a very nice thing to watch and to witness."

Iduna smiled, "Agreed."

The four watched the current king of Arendelle pick a blooming Moonflower from its bushes and place it behind the snow queen's ear.

They were still in their daily uniforms, while his being more casual, Aiden was surprised his wife's black and dark aquamarine dress is more durable than he expected. Heck, she was still in her stockings.

"Well, we can't let them have all the fun, now, can we?" Agnarr grinned, "Flower crowns, anybody?"

Iduna giggled and pulled her husband's hand. Anna and Kristoff looked at each other knowingly and went to the other side of the open air field.

.....

"Hey, snowflake. Look at this."

Elsa turned to her husband who leaned on the fencing that separated the clear, pebble surrounded lake. "What is it?" She asked, stroking the white flower behind her ear.

"Look at that, snowflake. We're one."

They were one, indeed. Their reflection from the lake were each half of their face, like two worlds apart. Like a perfect fit.

They were truly each other's half.