"Yeah. Two. One in college and another who's a freshman. You didn't know?"

"No. You never told me. Your parents...?"

"Are never home," he shrugged. "I seriously never told you about my home life?"

"No," Connor chuckled. "Just..." he trailed off, starting to get out of bed. "Where are my shoes? And my jacket?"

"Here's your jacket," Jared answered, chucking it at him. "And your shoes are literally right by your bed," he snorted.

       Connor flushed slightly, tugging his jacket on.

"Shut up," he grumbled, putting his shoes on once he saw them.

       Jared chuckled, shaking his head and opening the door.

"Let's go then, emo."

"Alright, geek," Connor smirked.

       They walked out, Connor's parents already giving permission for the emo boi to leave from yesterday. Jared saluted to the front desk with a cocky smile, knowing how much they hated him. Connor smiled weakly at that, shaking his head and walking out of the hospital eagerly.

        Jared caught up with him, fiddling with his car keys and walking to his SUV and climbing into the driver's seat.

"Alright. Hop in, dork."

"Dork?" Connor scoffed, going into the passenger's seat. "If anyone's the dork, it's you, Jare."

       There was silence for a second, and the meme teen looked at Connor with a smirk as the other flushed.

"-Ed. Jared. That's what I said."

"No no no, you totally just gave me a nickname!"

"Shush. No I didn't."

"I like it. 'Jare.' That's great," he laughed. "Wait. You need one!"

"A nickname?"

"Yeah! Okay, okay. What about Con?"

"Y'know what? Fine. It makes me sound like a bad guy," he snickered, biting back a blush.

"You're right. That doesn't fit at all," Jared teased, starting the car.

"Ugh, Jared-"

"What about Connie?"

       Connor's breathing hitched, face going beet red.

"Jared, I swear to god if you start calling me-"

"Connie it is!"

~~~

       After a painfully teasing drive, Jared pulled up and parked at the front of Connor's house. Connor blinked, clenching his jaw as he tried to hide his obvious dread to go back into that hellhole.

"Go inside and pack your things, alright?"

       Connor's head perked up, and he looked at Jared in surprise.

"W-what?"

"You heard me. Go pack your stuff. Just some necessities, yeah? You're gonna stay with me for a bit."

       Connor's eyes widened, shaking his head.

"Jare you can't just have me stay with you. What about your brothers? And your parents?" he asked.

"My family doesn't give a shit. Besides. I told you before, my parents are never home. They're always on business trips or desperately trying to get away from us. As for sleep, you can just take the couch or the floor of my room."