When Bichen meets Suibian

Flashback....

Lan Zhan Got drunk and he dreamed about Weiying and their last moment together....

“Are you ready?” Wei Ying asks.

Lan Wangji nods. He watches, with heat pooling in his gut and his skin tight, Wei Ying light the incense.

Lan Wangji blinks and not much has changed. The jingshi is the same, his position sitting on the bed is the same, the low morning light shining from under the door is the same.

“Oh wow,” Wei Ying’s voice comes from beside him, shocked and awed. “It worked!”

“Wei Yi—” Lan Wangji takes in a sharp breath and snaps his mouth shut. Surprise rushes through his entire body, sending sparkles through his spine and down the tips of his fingers. He stares at his husband, taking in his loose hair falling down his shoulders, his flushed cheeks and bright smile, his hands gently cradling  his chest.

Wei Ying’s laughter cuts through the charged silence in the room.

“Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, Lan Er-gege! We did it!”

“Wei Ying,” Lan Zhan murmurs in a soft tone, but still finds himself rooted to the spot.

He had no doubt they would achieve what they meant to accomplish. The incense burner has been a wedding gift they have used often, and it always makes their wildest fantasies come true—if only for the duration of a dream. 

They both had one fantasy in mind when lighting the incense. One of Wei Ying’s favorite ways to run his mouth when they are together is to claim Lan Wangji wishes him pregnant, to see him swollen with his child, to have a little one for themselves. 

It is not untrue, that claim. Yet Lan Wangji knows Wei Ying wishes for it just as much, but has yet to find a way to make it a reality.

Here, in a dream, it is easier to make things come true.

“I’m so big!” Wei Ying says with a delighted smile.

“How far along do you think I am, Lan Zhan?”

Lan Wangji swallows hard and slowly raises a hand. His heart trips in his chest when he cups the curve of Wei Ying’s hips, right above where Wei Ying’s own hand touches.

“Wei Ying,” Lan Wangji says again, helpless not to, as his love grows and threatens to spill over.

“Is that all you can say, Lan Er-gege?” Wei Ying teases.

“Does this leave you speechless, Hanguang-Jun? You did this to me, after all.  You came so deep inside that you gave me a child!”

“Wei Ying!” Lan Wangji hisses and he can feel the tips of his ears growing hot.

“Shameless.”

“You love me shameless,” Wei Ying says with absolute confidence. He also moves his hand so it covers Lan Wangji’s own over his belly. “And you love me looking like this, don’t you? Big with our little one, knowing you’re the one who made me like this.”