Can They Be Trusted?

Start from the beginning

"What? What went wrong?"

"I don't know but somehow the Phantom found us. It doesn't make sense, we've done a full sweep there's no way they could still be tracking us."

"It was Aline." Quin crossed her arms. "She was a spy of the Phantom. She must've told them where you were heading."

"Is everyone safe?" Reuven asked sounding worried.

"Luckily yes. We're on the main ship. I'll send you the coordinates." Poe sighed.

"Meet you there soon." The comlink ended and there was silence. No one knew what to say. In jew a few minutes they were back where they had started only the situation was worse than ever. Quin's mind was whirring with thoughts. The memory, her father, Aline, the Phantom, how her brother constantly pushed away the truth, the force, the sith, the Jedi. It was all too much for her.

"I'll be in the back if anyone needs me." And just like that she walked out of the room.

Reuven stared out the window as Finn read the coordinates and headed for the Rebels main ship. The space outside blurred as they jumped into lightspeed.

His eyes flicked over his shoulder. Behind him on the table was the lightsaber. For some reason he couldn't get his eyes off it and everything around him went silent. He blinked and spun around his chair facing the front again. No. He would fall for the trap like his sister had.

He wondered if this was how she felt. Had she felt the invisible string connecting him and that weapon? It's not that he didn't believe that Rey and Kylo were his birth parents. It was just that Finn had been more of a parent than Kylo could ever be. He knew it was Finn's fault he was raised without his father, but he hadn't grown up without a father figure.

Finn had been the closest thing to family he'd had, other than Quin. Besides, what kind of father would Kylo have been. What could he give that Finn hadn't already? It would've been a life on the run if Kylo had raised them.

His thoughts were cut off by the loud clunk as the Falcon landing in the ships landing zone. The landing zone was huge. Pilots and technicians ran around yelling orders and going about their day to day jobs.

"Come on." Finn said, casually walking out of the control room. The hatch door opened slowly, and Reuven blinked his eyes from the light illuminating the landing zone.

He heard his boots echo as he stepped out onto the metal ground. He turned when he heard a set of lighter footsteps behind him. Quin was hugging her arms, silent for once and looking at the ground as she stumbled out. Attached to her belt was Kylo Ren's lightsabre, she must've gone back to the control deck to get it.

"Thank the stars you're safe." General Poe Dameron ran to his friend and the two embraced in a quick hug. "It's been madness for us here. I can't imagine what it's been like for you."

"Our father was taken." Quin spoke firmly and Poe's smiled faded.

"So, Finn told you huh?"

"No, actually. I figured it out."

"Poe, I have information. For everyone." Finn looked at the short ex-pilot.

"Right." Poe looked at the two siblings. "Why don't you two go. Rooms are down the hall to the right."

"But we-"

"Quin, let's just go." Reuven insisted grabbing his twin's arm, stopping her from walking any further forward. She was silent as he dragged her away.

"Gather everyone in the command room." Poe instructed a woman as she nodded and ran off. By the time the speakers announced a crew meeting in the central command deck Poe and Finn were waiting. Holograms of the captains from the other Rebel ships glowed brightly.

"Thank you all for coming." Poe began but was interrupted.

"Is it true? Are the Rothger twins the offspring of Rey and Kylo Ren, like Harrison said?" A voice yelled from the back of the crowd of crew members. Harrison who was standing by the front of the crowd grinned crossing his arms boldly. Poe sighed, he knew this might come up. "Yes, yes they are."

The crew went into uproars of complaints. "Silence!" Finn shouted and the noise eventually died down.

"And you allowed them on the ship?" A single voice called out.

"Yes, because we trust them." Finn replied sternly.

"How do we know if they are even on our side? What if they follow in their father's footsteps? They could've helped him escape!" Another voice asked.

Finn and Poe exchanged worried glances. Obviously, somehow the news of Kylo's obduction had gotten around quickly since their arrival. It wasn't actually surprising. Most crew were confused and startled when they came back missing both a Jedi and one of the galaxy's most wanted criminal.

"Some of you may not know but... we have learnt Aline was a sith apprentice of the Phantom." Gasps echoed loudly.

"That's impossible. The Phantom don't follow the force." Harrison grunted.

"That's what we thought." Finn rubbed his hands.

"And that leads us back to the twins. How do we know if they were hiding Aline's true identity?" Harrison continued and a few pilots nodded in unison.

"No one had any idea about this." Poe tried to settle down the crowd.

"Don't you think it's strange that these kids show up the same time Kylo Ren does. And then when they are off on a mission alone, we learn that Aline is a sith apprentice and ren is so called 'captured'." Finn glared at Harrison, but he didn't seem to get the hint.

"They had nothing to do with this. Reuven has been very helpful and Quin has been busy training as a Padawan." Finn growled.

"So Aline was training her?" A pilot crossed his arms and Finn went pale.

"Well, yes but that doesn't mean that-" The crowd cut him off until the door bursted open and Reuven came in panting. He look startled to be welcomed by hundreds of grim, angry faces but he shook it off. "Reuven I thought you were told to go to your-" Finn walked towards him but Reuven wasn't waiting for him to finish.

"Quin's gone!"