Nuggies | chapter 23

-Flash back mary or sum shit-

Mattias pov

I was only a freshman when things started to go downhill completely.

My parents grew more and more distant from me. They use to love me, and showed me that when i was younger. But when i reached the age of 8 they started to stop showing me affection towards me.

My dad started to do drugs around that time and my mom didnt like it. But he was always dominant. So she was too scared to do anything.

I remember one day coming home after school and seeing my mom unconscious on the floor, and my dad yelling at her unconscious body.

M/d: SEE! I TOLD YOU TO STOP FUCKING WITH ME!
M/d: I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH MY CIGARETTES AND MY BEERS!

I was traumatized standing in the front door.

My dad notice me and rushed over to me. My reaction was to run and get away from him. Which i did.

He tried chasing me but he gave up. And i went to a playground not far from my house. It was a place my family loved going to, but not anymore.

I seen a kid already on the swings so i went in the tunnel slide to hide myself. I cried. I cried a lot. I was so scared, i was shaking. I could almost feel myself slowly slipping to the bottom of the slide. I was trying to keep myself up in the middle, so i wasnt exposed to any light or anywhere anyone could see me.

But i guess my sobs and wheezes was too loud. I mean i couldnt control them.

??: h-hello?

'Shoot nugget' i thought to myself

??: hey are you crying?

The person stuck their head in the slide and i quickly put my head down on my knees while holding them.

Me: n-n-no

??: it sounds like it

The person started to climb up the slide.

??: you are crying.

I didnt say anything.

??: you must be sad. Hmm

I heard a bag crubble and open up.

??: want some nuggies?

I lifted my head up.

Me: nuggies?

??: yeah, my mommy made them. They taste good. Here

They shook the paper bag, signaling me to grab it.

I opened the bag and grabbed a nugget.

'Ohh so thats what you meant' i thought to myself

I ate the nugget and tried handing him the bag. But he declined

??: no, you can have them. You look like you need it more than me

I gratefully accepted the nuggets.

Me: t-thanks..
I said while sniffling

??: no problem.. wanna go on the swings?

Me: s-sure

??: ok!

He grabbed my leg and pulled me down the slide with him. He grabbed my hand and headed to the swings.

??: i like the swings.
??: do you like the swings?

I nodded in response and we both sat on the swings.