Secrets part 1

"This will be your room" Voigt said and led me into a small room. The walls were painted blue and there was a queen sized bed on the left side of the room. "I'll let you settle in" Voigt said and walked out. "you haven't told Antonio have you?" I asked. "not yet" Voigt said and walked off.

I started unpacking my clothes and placed them in the closet. I took out the picture and placed it on the nightstand. "He was a great man" Voigt said. "you knew him?" I asked. "yes, I knew him" Voigt said,"I worked with him for a couple of years" Voigt said. "worked with him? He was a cop?" I asked. "yes, for several years, he was a great partner here in Chicago but then moved out with his wife to California after an incident" Voigt said. "what incident?" I asked. "nothing important," Voigt said but quickly added,"just wanted to branch out". "I was never told he was a cop" I said. "he didn't want anybody to know" Voigt said. "why?" I asked. "those are questions you should ask your mother not me" Voigt said and walked off. "there's something going on here, and I'm going to figure it out" I said and closed the door.

I took a shower and changed into a grey James Dean tank top with a pair of royal blue skinny jeans. I dried my hair and walked out into the living room. I stood in front of Voigt who was sitting on the couch. "Tell me what you know about my father" I said. "Listen Alexa, that's not my story to tell you, you want to know something call your mother, or call Antonio and ask him" Voigt said. "Could you at least tell me in what jail he's being held?" I asked. "I promised him I wouldn't tell you" Voigt said and walked off.

I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom's number.

"Hi honey"

"What happened with my dad"

"Bye Alexa" mom said and hung up.

"What the hell?" I asked and threw my phone on the couch. "somebody has to know something" I said and walked off to my room.

************************************

"Alexa" I heard someone knock on my door. I got up and walked over to opened the door. "are you okay?" Antonio asked. "yes" I said. "are you sure?" Antonio asked and pulled me into a hug. "yes" I reassured him. "I'm going to find those guys and kill them" Antonio shouted. "They're scanning the fingerprints so soon we'll get a lead on their names" Voigt said. "I want the names before anybody else" Antonio said. "you'll get them, now ill let you talk" Voigt said and walked off. "We'll talk this over coffee" Antonio said. "okay let me get dressed" I said and walked back to my room. I changed into a black Escape The Fate t-shirt with a red cardigan, black skinny jeans and black combat boots. I slipped on a red beanie an grabbed my phone.

We got into the car and drove off a coffee shop.

"Okay what exactly happened?" Antonio asked. "I was in the living room and I heard something hit the window, like a rock. I got up and looked out, I saw a group of like four guys standing near a light post, I went back and sat down, again I heard it again, I ignored it but ten minutes later I heard it again. Them I heard voices outside my door. I heard them say that they knew I was alone and they started to open the door but it was locked, I got scared so I jumped out the window. I ran and I waited it out. In the morning I came back and walked back into the apartment, everything is in perfect shape except my room and in red they wrote "we may have missed you this time, but you can't hide forever" I explained. "We will find these guys and they will pay" Antonio said. "lets change the subject, how are your kids?" I asked. "they're doing great," Antonio said. "how are they taking the divorce?" I asked. "we haven't told them yet" Antonio said. "of course" I said,"parents always wait until the last minute to tell their kids that they're separating" I said. "we decided that was the best thing to do" Antonio said. "for you" I said. "We'll talk about it" Antonio said. "alright now I want to ask you something" I said,"why did my dad stop being being a cop and moved to San Diego" I said "who told you?" Antonio asked. "Voigt accidentally told me" I said and Antonio stayed quiet. "He was wasn't he?" I asked. "yes" Antonio asked. "how did he end up in jail?" I asked. "that's something you need to ask your mother not me" Antonio said. "is it something bad?" I asked. "ask your mother" Antonio said. "could you please tell in what jail he's being held in" I said. "I promised him I wouldn't tell you" Antonio said. "Why?" I asked. "he didn't want you to know what had happened," Antonio said. "that was back when I was twelve I'm sixteen now" I said. "talk to your mother first, now come on they have a list of the names" Antonio said and we got up and walked back to his car.

"What are the names?" Antonio asked once we walked into the office. "William Alabett, Isaac Valdemar, Lamar Dekalb, and Miguel Santos" Voigt said. When I heard Miguel's and Lamar's name I dropped the coffee I was holding. "Alexa are you okay?" I heard Antonio asked but it sounded like her was standing in the distance. Next thing I knew, everything went black.