Forgotten Hero /3/

Comincia dall'inizio

"Shut. Up." He focused but the voice kept him off track, he got swung to the side of a building and fell down before standing up again muttering something under his breath when a different spell was casted over the part of the city.

Peter went back behind Strange and stuck together, staring up at the sky. "Not good. This isn't going to go well." Sttange muttered while Peter limped.

"With how many outcomes of this battle... We will have only a few chances to get this over with."

His tone changed slightly at the boy's condition. "Pete are you ok? Can you hold alright?" The boy just made a slight nod and only said one thing: "Voice." He noticed the cause of the problem and hitched his breath while the Avengers took down the smaller ones dropping from the sky but they were just as wild. He noticed that what seemed to be a huge meteor was going through a portal from the sky...

"Well then. One sacrifice has to be made." Peter said before charging ahead, using his own ability this time.

To say Peter was battered was an understatement, he was slowly getting crushed in the battle... He was getting drained as well but held on tight to adrenaline.

"Found it!" He saw a glowing red slash in the back of the huge creature creating this mess. Eyes gazing at him in different reactions while he was on the back of the creature, his own will and own security earned him a sword of itself, thorns from his fears wrapped around his arms piercing his skin.

Peter started to sob but kept strong, every single thought rushed to his head as he muttered:

"I'm sorry."

He rammed his arm into the creature's back as it started to blow up with him connected to it.

Then light...

Ashes and sparks started to sprinkle down on the dystopia. The skies above started to close and it was a stormy grey...

The outcome that made them win was a sacrifice.

Dr Strange ran to the boy who's arm was destroyed and who lay limp on the ground... no one could save this.

Tony felt regret pierce his heart as he saw the death of the boy, Peter finally found peace... while Flash laughed for the death of this boy. "He died! he actually died!"

But instead? the boy got stabbed in the stomach as the blade twisted around it gruesomly with a empty chuckle.

"I didn't expect that."

He fell to the ground while everyone else was quiet for the boy who saved them...

"I didn't want the outcome to be like this. And do you know who's fault this is?" Strange raised his voice in anger but it seemed calm...

"Yours. You." He pointed at all of them while Wong held the empty corpse in his arms. "I was going to give him a great gift for his birthday. His birthday was in 2 days... did you know that?" His voice was laced with venom...

Tony felt regret at every single word, all of the other Avengers felt the same.

"Did you know that your so called 'hero of queens' that you kept with you was with the ones who simply know as HYDRA?"

Their faces were in shock while the wizard approached Tony anger prominent in his eyes. "And you, I thought you would actually care about him... I saw one outcome where he crumbled away in your arms and turned to dust. I thought that would happen. Did it? No."

"If you did die, I would be grateful. Because you replaced someone who was actually a real hero, you were the one that killed Peter Benjamin Strange. You are no heroes, you... all of you... are murderers."

His cloak picked up the dead corpse of the boy who laid peacefully.

"And? he finally got his wish. To die peacefully, to get away from all of you. When I saved him, he was afraid of you."

These words pierced their heart like a poisoned knife, all remembering their time with Peter and how much he changed their lives, on how much he became an influence to them... and then pushing him away.

"I hope I don't see you at the funeral."

Everything crumbled that day, the city finally saw the true hero and never knew they were so blind.

Rain fell down on the earth that day, weeping for the boy named Peter Benjamin Strange... it rained for a long time, a month. Grieving. And crime rates increased with the real Spiderman not there to protect them, they remembered him so vividly as they walked through the streets.

What made that worse was that the burial was on Peter's birthday... "You would have been 15 now and you would have the gift I always prepared to give you. It isn't the same without you anymore."

After that, Tony visited Peter's grave and he could feel the words echo in his head that day. Even a sorry wouldn't cut it... there was nothing to do and fix this mistake, to bring the boy back.

"I'm sorry it's my fault..."

[END]

/I hope this was what you wanted Amalgavoid!/