Chapter 4

Third-person P.O.V

King walked into his mansion tired of today's business. But he was also excited, the feeling he hasn't felt in years.

She was going to be his date tomorrow

' finally' he thought for himself Relieved. He wanted to ask her out since long ago, he wanted her to be his. but it was hard for him to ask her out since he is complicated and it is too much for anyone to take it. He never wanted anyone in his life he thought he is better to be alone.

But it all changed after that night she saved him. He is sure she didn't even know it, but she did save him when he was about to die.

He shook his head at that memory. It was painful but yet beautiful.

______________________________
Athena P.O.V

It is 3 pm now and as far as I know, he will be here at 6 pm to pick me up. I was excited somehow. I decided that I will take a long shower after I was done I got out of the tub wrapping a towel around me before walking out of the bathroom. I decided I will put light make up on, I hated it when anyone put on heavy makeup. I mean there are some people who are beautiful even with having heavy makeup on, but some people are going way too far, which is the reason behind my disliking for it.

After I was done with my makeup I looked over to my bed there was the dress he sent me but... I didn't want to wear what he sent me, I wanted to wear something of mine. What he sent me is first way too expensive and second I am not poor myself, so why to wear whatever he sent me like someone who seeks money from someone else?

Yeah after mom and dad passed away our family lawyer actually told me and my brother that they left a lot of money to us. I don't know how, I mean we were not a poor family, but not rich either. Now we have enough money on our accounts to live for the rest of our lives without needing to work for a day. Poor mom and dad, they might have worked hard to make me and my brother so much money. I walked over to my closet searching for my favorite dress and I found it! It was a simple yet elegant sleeveless black dress, the length of it was a bit above my knees. There might be nothing bold about it and that is exactly what makes it so beautiful, less is more when it comes to dress, i always believed that. I quickly wore it before checking myself out of the mirror.

" Emy !! Can you please come here?" I shouted for Emy and soon she was in my room

" You look stunning, now what do you want ?" She asked

" I want you to help me with my hair " she is the best at that

" of course, come and sit down in front of your mirror " I did as she said and she started working on my hair

After some time she was finally done, my hair was put on a stylish ponytail style that suits my dress a lot

" wait, I will bring you a cool shoe and jewelry as well" I nodded she went inside my closet room and after some time she brought one of my shoes, a black high heels, with silver flowers on its heels, it is really a good match. I put them on quickly, she then offered me a jewelry box, opening it there was a beautiful white lotus flower earring in them, it was truly eye catching. I have never seen it so I looked up, giving Emy a questioning look, she only smiled before putting it on my ears

" your early birthday gift," she said and I smiled at her

" thank you, they are beautiful," I told her truthfully

" ok, your evening bag is ready ?" She asked and I nodded in respond taking the bag from the desk right in front of me. I have a very good memory with this bag, mom refused to buy it for me, and I was really upset about it, until that same night dad knocked on my bedroom door, and when he came in he handed me the bag I really wanted it. He smiled at me before whispering " I fear your mom you know that too, show it to her when she is in Absolute good mood otherwise we both are done"