I stood up wiping my sweat with the back of my arm admiring my work with pride. Rosé and Jisoo would arrive in a few to spend a short time with us. Needless to say how awkward the situation was between my friends and Jennie. But over time, we managed to adjust. Jennie had such a loud mouth that she let go of some of our adventures that embarrassed me more than ever. 

But nothing new.

"Lisa! Where are you?"

"In the backyard!"

The sliding door at the back of the house opened. Jennie came out with a squeezed juice, being careful where she stepped. She wore a floral dress over which she wore a red plaid apron. I liked this outfit much better than the outfits she used to wear in Seoul. She was glowing in her petticoats when she jumped between the rocks where thousands of monkeys lived above the mountain. It was a place I wanted to take her to see. Sometimes they would block the highway, forcing cars to slow down or honk their horns to get out of the way. She almost had her phone stolen there by one of them, I'll remember it for the rest of my life. 

If you've never seen Jennie Kim arguing with a monkey, your life wasn't so crazy.

"Here, the fruit looked fresh, so I decided to make you some juice. You should rest in the house because staying in this heat is not good for you," 

"I promise to join you inside as soon as I finish watering the last row of plants and that beautiful cactus in the corner,"

"Perfect," her smile was contagious. I never thought I would choose to make my life with Jennie Kim, and I never thought she could be so adorable. 

I just couldn't believe how soon she'd be my wife and I'd be hers.

JENNIE'S POV

Isn't it amazing how much love can change a person so much? I was the last one to believe in those tales, I even suspected people of lying to make themselves interesting. No one could convince me or even make me change who I was, not even my parents. 

But how could I explain that Lisa pushed me to be a better person. I look like a criminal when I describe myself, but there was something wrong with me. However, Lisa managed to make me confront myself, confronting my weaknesses and abilities. When I was asked if Lisa was a good teacher, I said yes. Not because she gave her lessons correctly but because she did not only play the role of a teacher. She was a friend to all of us and that's one of the reasons we were all grateful to her. Her valuable advice throughout the year was now making itself clear and I am sure we were all grateful.

Our relationship has been hectic without really being it. Lisa may have been dense at times and blind to my signals, but she was always the mature adult. If she wasn't, our relationship would have been a disaster. With her, I am able to see things differently, always with a critical mind. The few times I see my group of friends - the Hotty Gang - they are always knocked out to hear me talk while knowing that I was still Jennie Kim, the one who wouldn't hesitate to make your life a living hell.

I was doing this monologue while admiring the stars in the sky tonight. Lisa eventually convinced me to lie on the straw mats in the backyard. Luckily it wasn't so hot and stuffy anymore, otherwise I would have gone straight to bed.

We were lying next to each other with our hands intertwined. The cricket song echoed around us. We remained silent even though we communicated in our own way. Now I understood why Lisa loved this place so much, because I was also starting to get attached to this piece of land.

"You know, I often think back to the day your old literature professor introduced me to your class. When I looked at you, I kept telling myself that it was a bad idea, that it could only end badly,"