Chapter 24 : The new assistant

LISA'S POV

Against all odds, dinner with Suzy was a joyful and cheerful one. I didn't see her as funny and careless about her appearance, but we had a great time. We had first discussed our studies and our backgrounds after graduation. We exchanged anecdotes specific to our department and to say the least, I loved learning them. By the way, I've just known that she was 25.

On this occasion, I talked about this case where my mother had the wonderful idea of finding me a girlfriend probably to enhance her image. Luckily Suzy didn't take it badly and she was aware of the non-subtle movements my mother was making, she understood the situation and didn't pay attention at too much. We moved on very quickly on an another topic because Suzy had a favor to ask me. Knowing that she was in preparation on a study she decided to do some extensive personal research, she wanted to spend a semester in my class while I was teaching.

She explained to me what this research was all about and what she wanted to achieve. Her arguments were quite interesting and being curious about the results myself, I accepted her request. 

At this time of the year when the students were out to eat, the classroom was quiet despite the fact that there were two of us devouring our sandwiches and discussing the activities that were taking place during the year. Of course, when I accepted Suzy's request, she didn't want to miss the first day.

"Why didn't we ever have this much activity when we were students?" she giggled. She was right, but maybe that's why this university was prestigious and the number of activities was worth the amount of money it had to pay each year.

"At least they learn their training while having fun. I think I'll do a couple of psychology sessions as a game with them,"

"Sure, why not. It could be interesting. I just have to warn you that they're a little unnerving at first. Especially when they see that the teacher in question is not that old," I said thinking of the first day I landed in my class. Some looked at me as prey, some as a successful year and some as a waste of time. In any case, I wasn't taken seriously.

"For sure, you're popular among those students, right?" she teasingly said. I couldn't help laughing at what she was saying because Jennie's face was the first thing that came to mind.Speaking of that brat, I hope she was going to be a ray of sunshine again this afternoon. We haven't really tried to contact each other. Maybe we had spent too much time together and each of us needed our own personal space.

"They can be a bit of a pain in the ass, but at heart they're students with a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them," I was sincere because I meant it. I know what they were thinking, all the questions that were running through their minds, the uncertainty that was there until they graduated or even after.

"That's very sweet of you. Your students must love you," she placed her hand on mine and gave me a reassure smile. At the same time, the students entered class with the same motivation they had before the holidays. I could see it in their faces that they looked very happy to see me. 

How sweet of them...

After the first flock, Jennie Kim entered with her group of friends. She had a smile that made you do the same, it was contagious. It wasn't long before she noticed my insistent gaze and turned her head. Her smile had suddenly faded, I could no longer see her white pearls lined up, which were radiating throughout the room.

Was she still mad? 

But this was not the time for me to worry about it, it could wait. 

I got up from the chair and Suzy did the same. The students were silent with their questioning looks. I could see her gay friend giving her the same questioning look and her three friends elbowing her but Jennie didn't react, she had become amorphous.