Chapter Nineteen- Edited

I groaned, holding my head in my hand as I sat up. I looked around and noticed that Steve was knocked out cold. I reached for my daughters' minds, checking to see if all of them were all alright. They all responded say that they were all okay but they warn me. They say that someone evil awaits us and we have to prepare for the worst. Judging by that fact the base was just blown to pieces, I know exactly who did this. I turn to Tony and nod towards him, handing Steve's shield to him. I stand and used my pathokinesis to wake him up. Steve jolts awake, Tony kneeling next to him with his shield in front of his body. 

"You lose this again, I'm keeping it." Tony told him as he held Steve to his feet. Steve looks around in confusion. 

"What happened?" Steve asked, I walked over to him as Tony handed him his shield. 

"We messed with time. It tends to mess back." Steve again, looked confused. "You'll see." I say, walking over to where Thor stood. There, in front of his gaze, sat Thanos. Not the Thanos, that we had killed five years ago. No, his mind is a lot stronger that the one we killed. He was from 2014, long before we met him. "What's he been doing?" I asked Thor as we all stood at his side. Thor never tears his gaze from Thanos. 

"Absolutely nothing." Thor responded. Steve took a quick look around before looking back to Thanos. 

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked. I gestured to the rubble behind and underneath us. 

"Somewhere under all of this. All we know is he doesn't have them." I say, turning my gaze to Tony and Steve.

"So, we keep it that way." Tony said as Steve nodded in agreement. Thor added to Tony's statement. 

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor said. He hasn't moved his body or gaze from Thanos. 

"Yeah...And I don't much care." Tony added. Thor sighed as he nodded. 

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." The sky begins to crackle with lighting and thunder. Thor extends his arms, lighting igniting shield body as Stormbreaker and Mjolnir are summoned to his hands. The casual clothes he was previously wearing transformed into his armor and cape, his hair and beard were braided. He looked like a warrior. "Let's kill him properly this time." I look over to my brother and sighed as we walked down to confront Thanos for the second time in five years. 

"You could not live with your own failure and where did that bring you? Back to me." Thanos began, watching us as we fanned out to attempt to circle him. "I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." Thanos continued. I glared at him, glancing over to the others.

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Tony snarked. Thanos turned his head slightly to meet my glare. He seemed to be confused by my glare, by my hate. He gave a small smirk before returning his gaze to Steve and Tony. 

"I'm thankful because now, I know what I must do." Thanos stood, grabbing his helmet from the double edges blade he had embedded into the ground. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." He continued, putting on his helmet and grabbing his double-edged sword. Thor and I began to charge ourselves up for we know that this battle would definitely drain our energy. "And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe." 

"Born out of blood." Steve countered. Thanos turned his intense gaze to my brother. 

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them."