Prologue- Edited

I was livid. I was glaring at Agent Carter and Colonel Philips.

"What the hell did you just say?" I said, my knuckles turning them white as I squeezed them tightly close. Carter took a deep breath, glancing at the Colonel before turning to me and releasing the shaky breath she was holding.

"Captain Stephen G. Rogers went missing behind enemy lines.... I must declare Captain Rogers killed in action." Colonel Philips repeated. I turn to Agent Carter with a fury.

"I don't regret my actions-" She started but I cut her off.

"I don't give a damn if you regret your actions or not. You're telling me he's dead. I NOT ONLY LOST MY BEST FRIEND BUT NOW THE ONLY FAMILY I HAD LEFT SO TELL ME AGENT CARTER, WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU TOOK HIM TO KROSSBERG?!?!?"I say, my voice traveling throughout the tent and maybe out into camp. There was a moment of silence. Carter was about to say something when she stopped and turned to the opening to see a bunch of soldiers running towards the front of the camp.

"What the hell is going on out there?" Colonel Philips asked, poking his head out the tent and then following the soldiers that were running to the front of the camp. Carter and I began walking after him, trying to see what the soldiers were looking at. When the crowd finally split, there in the center of the sea of dirty soldiers, was my best friend and my twin. Carter and I stood behind Colonel Philips as my brother walked up to him.

"Some of these men need medical attention." Steve said to the Colonel. I heard someone call for a medic behind us but all I could do was look at my brother and Bucky. "I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action." Steve said, keeping a straight face as he spoke to the Colonel.

"That won't be necessary." Colonel Philips said, putting his hands at his sides and looked at the soldiers that had returned after being presumed dead.

"Yes sir." Steve said, letting his lips turn up a bit into a small smile. The Colonel turned to Carter, saying something to her before walking away. Before I could speak to my brother, Carter took a step forward, giving him a smile, her red lipstick making it seem a little more flirtatious.

"You're late." She said, pulling her shoulders back just a tad. He smiled and began digging through his pockets when he finally pulled something out. It looked like a long-distance homing beacon but it had a massive chuck blown out of it, probably from a bullet.

"Couldn't call my ride." He said, giving his own flirty smile in return to hers. I roll my eyes and walk up to him. He turns to me, probably expect me to give him a hug or something. I smile before landing a right hook on his left cheek. All the soldier either gasped or 'ooh'ed as he turned back to me, the corner of his lip beginning to bleed.

"That is for scaring the crap out of me and leaving me in the dark about what you were doing. This," I pause, slapping his other cheek and receiving the same reaction as before from the soldiers. "Is for not taking me with you. You know better than to go anywhere without me whether it would be dangerous or not. And this," I say, watching him flinch as he expected another hit but I pulled him into a hug. "Is coming back alive and in one piece." I almost mumble but it was clear that most people heard me. Everyone began clapping and giving us small cheers. I pulled away and gave him a smile.

"Hey!" Bucky called out, causing everyone to turn to him. "Let's hear it for Captain America!" He yelled, causing all of the soldiers to cheer loudly and clap for my brother. I turn to Bucky and pull him into a tight hug.

"Don't think I forgot about you." I whisper to him, squeezing a little harder. He returned the hug with just as much passion and strength. When I pull away, I took a quick look at his face and place my hand on his cheek. "You look tired." His smiled widened.