Chapter Eighteen- Edited

I met up with Steve in one of the lower levels and later make it back to the alley we arrived in.

"Cap-" Steve and I turn around to see Scott and Tony sitting in in a damaged car, looking defeated. "Sorry, guys. We got a problem." Tony said, not really looking at us. Scott scoffed.

"Yeah, we do." Scott added, glaring over at Tony. They began to explained everything that had happened when they tried to retrieve the tesseract. Steve and sighed in unison, now thinking of another way to grab the cube.

"Well, what are we going to do now?" Steve asked as I paced. Tony groaned as he rubbed his temple.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Tony tried but Scott stood straight up, pacing faster and with more force in his step than mine.

"You said that we had one shot. This– this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing–" Scott ranted but Tony cut him off.

"You're repeating yourself; you know that? You're repeating yourself." Scott turned to Tony with a hardened glare. He began to mock Tony by repeating what Tony had just said.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. You know– No." Scott started. Tony rolled his eyes and glared at Scott.

"Dude, come on." Tony tried to interrupt him but Scott seemed to ignore Tony and continued his rant.

"You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist–" Tony once again cut into Scott's rant.

"I dropped the ball." Tony said, agreeing with Scott but that didn't stop Scott's rant which is starting to annoy all of us.

"You ruined the time heist." Scott accused. I rolled my eyes as I stood facing them, my hip jutted out with some sort of anger.

"Is that what I did?" Tony countered in which Scott yelled a yeah at Tony. I once again rolled my eyes.

"Are there any other options with the tesseract?" I nearly shouted at them as they turned to me, all with raised eyebrow. They seem surprised that I used my angry mom voice on them. Scott snapped out of his dazed before standing straight and giving me an answer.

"No, no, no. There's no other options. There's no do-overs. We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright? We use that– Bye, bye. You're not going home." Scott explained. I turned to Steve and sighed, trying my best to come up with some sort of plan. Something that could get us that stone.

"Yeah, well if we don't try, then no one else is going home, either." Steve concluded. Just then, Tony snapped his fingers, stood from the broken car.

"I got it. There's another way. To retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles. We'll stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State." Tony explained. I looked to Steve, realizing that Tony was talking about Hank Pym and Howard Stark. I turned back to Tony.

"When were they both there?" I asked. Tony turned to me. He tried to find a way to explain his chance of a plan.

"They were at a- I have a vaguely exact idea." He explained. Steve and I exchanged glances, not really sure if we should take this chance. But as Steve said before, if we can't get this stone, then we aren't going home.

"How vague?" Steve asked. Tony gave a small shrug and was about to say more when Scott tried to cut in.

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott asked, though Steve and Tony completely ignore him.