~|30: Puppies|~

The past few weeks have been pretty on and off. Mark had been helping Donghyuck and he was gratefully taking it, in fact, he rarely got nightmares and memories of the traumatising events. He had told Taeyong and Jaehyun; they were somewhat understanding, as you could imagine they weren't the best pleased. When he told them everything they simply said nothing for a couple of days before throwing Donghyuck a party to celebrate his new start.

Everything was going well.

"Hyung I'm telling you that he would appreciate this, you love him right~?" Taeyong said slightly tugging on Jaehyun's arm who stood glaring into the shop through perfectly polished windows. He watched his boyfriends reflection and sighed.

"Yes but I don't think it's a good idea Yongie." Jaehyun said as he walked into the pet shop despite his previous words, though Taeyong seemed to be winning with this argument.

"But you'll have something to do when I'm not home." Taeyong proposed with a raised eyebrow, "What? Shovelling up shit, not my thing thank you very much." Jaehyun shot back causing Taeyong to whine.

"Hello, can I help with anything?" A short male walked over, he had many earrings, light blue/green hair and a little smile; his name tag labelled as Ten.

"No we were just leav-" Jaehyun tried to say but was interrupted by Taeyong who just couldn't lose, not today at least.

"I was wondering if you had any dogs for adoption?" Taeyong asked with a sly smile knowing Jaehyun can't back out now who sent a very angry glare towards Taeyong who smiled innocently.

"Yes, we have two, this way." He led them out into a different room, the kennels, Jaehyun frowned hating the fact that the poor dogs had to sit in one all day. As Taeyong glanced over he noticed the look and knew that he had already won.

"These two were dropped off around a week ago, not together but they seem to bond rather well." The man pointed out two adorable puppies, one was a border collie and the other being a small golden retriever.

"We'll take both," Jaehyun said desperately, he saw the victorious smirk on Taeyong's lips but chose to look the other way.

After filling out many forms and buying a load of things for two puppies they got back to the car, they'd be allowed to collect the dogs tomorrow which was good as it allowed them some time to get Donghyuck doing something.

"Hey, Yuri could you do us a favour?" Taeyong asked politely through the phone, he had planned for Donghyuck to babysit Joonie to get him out of the way which was a great plan so far then he'd continue on.

"Hey is Mark- Doyoung?!" Jaehyun and Taeyong screeched like demons causing Doyoung to jump out of his skin, "Taeyong? Jaehyun? It's been so long~" Doyoung cheered out with the worlds brightest smile present on his face.

Long story short Taeyong, Jaehyun and Doyoung were now sat in the front room drinking tea and catching up while reminiscing their high school lives.

"Hyung I'm going out, I'll be back- Oh hello." Mark waved as he walked into the room, confused as to why his boyfriend's cousin and boyfriend is sat drinking tea with his brother.

"Ah, Mark could you do us a favour?" They discussed a few things to keep Donghyuck occupied all day tomorrow, Mark seemed to have a plan of his own building up.

The next day...

"So Joonie, what do you want to do today?" Donghyuck asked as he sat in his sister's kitchen with the child colouring at the table, he shrugged as he continued contently drawing something.

"We could...We could go shopping!" The child chanted to which Donghyuck nodded agreeing to it, and that's how they managed to be in some toy shop with a trolley browsing the isles. Honestly, Donghyuck didn't mind spending money on his nephew, it seemed to be quite amusing but I don't think he'll be saying that when is bank statement comes out.

"Oh, Hyuckie! Fancy seeing you here." Mark strolled up to them with a little girl clinging to his side, Donghyuck looked at the girl and smiled with a little wave to bring her out of her nervous trance. "Mark, what are you doing here?" Donghyuck asked questionably.

"Yeah well my cousin, Mirae, wanted a new plushie so...Here we are." Mark said as he high fived Joonie as Donghyuck looked away, seems as if their plan was unfolding quite well.

"We were about to grab some lunch, maybe a picnic, if you wanted to tag?" The younger asked with a tilt of his head to which Mark nodded knowing that his job was to keep him busy until the evening.

The day had gone by quite swiftly, the two kids enjoying themselves along with the older two laughing around. Though currently, Mark had taken Donghyuck out on a date to keep him out for a little longer, however, he did also just want to take his boyfriend who he loves so much out for a meal.

"Thank you for walking me home Markie, do you want to come in?" Donghyuck asked as they stayed in their close embrace in front of the house, Mark smiled nodded at the invitation as Donghyuck unlocked the door stepping inside seeing all the lights off.

"Where are they?" Hyuck asked as he flicked on the lights and turned into the front room once again emerged into the darkness which was quickly filled with brightness as Mark switched on the light with a knowing smile.

Two little puppies came running out from the kitchen and jumped onto Donghyuck who was untying his shoelaces, at first he yelped at the sudden contact but after the shock had gone he was left lying on the ground playing with the dogs.

"Count this as an early birthday present," Taeyong said while he smirked appearing from the kitchen with Jaehyun chuckling to the left of him.

"Thank you so much!" Donghyuck cried out as he hugged the two dogs tightly, "What are their names?" He asked Jaehyun replied saying "Up to you."

"Xuxi and how about Snoopy!" He said happily as he continued rolling around like a madman on the floor. Seems like his life was getting so much better, and he was happy that he had Taeyong, Jaehyun, Mark and now two little puppies to keep him occupied.

"I love you~," He said, not aimed at anyone in-particular but meant for all of the three.