Chapter 85. Thank You

Start from the beginning

"Veer? Is that you?" I asked.

"Yes! Could you please come to our house? I want to meet you," he said.

"Haha, you miss me already? But I can't come, kiddo. I am with my friend right now."

"Pleaaaassse. I really want to play with you. Ved bhaiyya said he will pick you-"

"Are you coming, Sandy Pandy?" Ved asked after taking the phone from his brother.

I thought for a minute. Should I got or not? Actually, I wanted to meet Veer too; he was so much fun and had great stories to tell too.

"No, I am not coming," I replied.

"Really? Even not after Veer asked you so many times? How can you be so heartless?" he accused.

"Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Rajput, but I am with my dear friend right now," I teased.

"Is it Sahil?" he queried in a clipped tone.

"Yup."

"Don't get in trouble, Sandy Pandy."

"Whatever." I hung up the call after irritating him till I felt satisfied.

I raised my eyebrows in question when I saw Sahil looking at me with a strange expression. While I was talking, I noticed him looking at me intently and even though I was having a weird feeling in my stomach, I decided to ignore it.

"Do you mind if we get this done faster? I have to go somewhere else," I questioned.

"Where exactly?" Sahil enquired as he picked up some graphic t-shirts.

"Ved's house," I replied.

He glanced over his shoulder. "Didn't you earlier say that both of you aren't close?"

"Oh, I am going to meet his brother, not him." I grinned.

Sahil took all the clothes and headed towards the changing room without saying anything else. Once he was done, I sighed in relief and rushed out of the mall with him following behind slowly.

"Thanks for coming, Sandhya. And next time, please wear the gift I gave you." He pouted.

"Will do. Sorry for leaving so suddenly; we can hang out some other day," I assured.

"By the way, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah?" I checked the time.

"Is there something going on between you and Ved, but you don't want to tell anyone?" he enquired.

"Why does everyone think so?" I mumbled. "No, Sahil, Ved isn't even my friend. Why would you think that? Ved and I? Haha... What a joke!"

If it is a joke, then why I am not finding it funny? Why is my heart beating like a maniac on the mention of Ved's name? Are my hormones malfunctioning or what?

"You were talking about only Ved since you came; I think you should sort out whatever it is," he suggested in a tone which sounded angry to me.

What the hell is wrong with him? Why does he always blow up his fuse whenever Princess' topic comes up? Wasn't Ved his friend?

I thought it better not to add fuel to the fire and bid him goodbye. After driving through the busy traffic for one hour, I reached the Rajput mansion. I entered after a security check and went in the huge hall.

I patted the head of Veer, who was sitting on the sofa, busy drawing something on a white paper. He looked up and beamed at me. He instantly jumped up and landed in my arms.