Never Let Go - (Ryeji) (Omegaverse AU)

Start from the beginning

The next few days, Yeji and Ryujin met in the same place. Both of them enjoying each other's company, talking about little things that excited them. The two walked in the park stopping at a small pond, seeing a few ducks swimming lazily in the water. 

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we didn't have these classifications?" Yeji asked. 

"What do you mean?" Ryujin asked. 

"Like... If we lived without the labels. All of the instincts. Just.. Normal." She sighed. 

"I don't think we would've met..." She mumbled in response. Yeji smiled, seeing how upset she got with her own comment. She reached out, lacing her fingers with the pouting alpha next to her. 

"I think we would have. Fate has weird ways." She smiled. Ryujin felt her entire face heat up and knew she was blushing now. Yeji let go of her hand, wiping it on her pants leg before she spoke again. 

"I'm so sorry! I got nervous." Ryujin mumbled while wiping her own hand on her pants. 

"It was just a little sweaty." Yeji laughed while holding out her hand again. Ryujin smiled, taking her hand in hers and started to walk down the path again. "I really do like you Ryujin." She smiled. 

"I really like you too." She mumbled. 

Weeks had gone by with awkward couple things. Yeji bringing out a softer side of Ryujin that she herself had never done. Yeji showing her cute animal pictures and seeing the alpha react with a sweet smile always made her heart flutter. What really did it was when the two were together, looking at something and Ryujin would come up behind her, wrapping her arms around the omega's waist, holding her tightly. 

"I wish I could spend more time with you." Yeji whispered as they walked down the streets of her neighborhood. 

"Me too... But.. I don't want your mom having a shit fit for hanging out with me." Ryujin chuckled while pressing her lips against Yeji's knuckles. "Speaking of..." She mumbled before looking up. Yeji's mother was standing on the porch, watching the two interact. 

"You're late." Her mother growled. 

"Mom.." Yeji whimpered. 

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault. I kept her too late.." Ryujin immediately apologized to the alpha. "Don't punish her because of my stupidity..." She pleaded. Yeji watched the interaction, knowing that she really did love this alpha now. 

"Come Yeji." Her mother called. Yeji let go of her alpha's hand, following her mother's call. When she got inside, her mother turned to her, an unreadable expression on her face. "An alpha?" She asked. 

"Yes... I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.. I.. I didn't know where any of it was going to go.." Yeji immediately apologized to her mother. When she looked up, she saw a small smile on her lips. 

"She's cute. Looks like she's tough too." Her mother chuckled. "Just... Be careful. You know what we taught you." She whispered. Yeji nodded, glad that her mother accepted who she was with. She ran up to her room, ignoring her siblings before jumping on her bed and letting out a small squeal. 

"You need to chill. I'm trying to play my game." Her older sister growled at her. 

"Sorry." Yeji giggled before falling onto her bed. She clung to her dragon plush, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. 

The next time she saw Ryujin, she tackled her into a tight embrace, telling her all about how her mother was happy with the two. Ryujin smiled, and grabbed the omega's hands. 

"Where are we going?" She asked. 

"Since I half-ass met your mom... I want you to meet my family." She smiled. "Don't worry, they're nice." She smiled. Yeji nodded, allowing her to drag her to her place. "I don't have parents... Just my sister. But we get by." She smiled while walking up the stairs to the small home. She opened the door peeking inside, pulling Yeji in with her. "Sis! Are you home?!" She called out. 

"Kitchen!" A voice called out. Yeji felt nervous, but she knew she shouldn't be. Even if it was impromptu.. Ryujin walked through, leading Yeji into the small kitchen. 

"You're home earlier than usual." A new voice called out. Yeji looked over to see another girl sitting at the table, phone in hands. 

"Well... Kinda just thought of this and honestly regretting it now that I know you're here." Ryujin fired off. 

"Don't say that to her." Yeji looked up and saw the original voice. She blinked a few times at the girl. "Who is this?" She asked. 

"Sana... This is Yeji... The omega I was telling you about." Ryujin mumbled. Sana stayed motionless for a second before letting out a small squeal. 

"Oh my god! She's adorable! Look at you two together." She gushed. "Just so cute! Look at them Mina!" Sana continued. 

"Real adorable." Mina mumbled without looking up from her phone. 

"Some mate you got there." Ryujin joked. 

"I am focusing." Mina snapped at her. "There. Now we can get it." Mina said while showing Sana her phone. 

"Perfect." Sana smiled. "Yeji would you like to stay for dinner? Mina and I are cooking." 

"Um.. I would need to tell my mom that I won't be eating dinner with them if that's okay?" Yeji asked. The older alpha nodded, allowing her to have some space. 

"So... You haven't done anything to her right?" Mina asked. Ryujin scoffed in response, only to get Sana to side with her mate. 

"She seems timid. You need to be careful." Sana warned. "Besides that, she's so cute and precious." She smiled. "You pick them well." 

"I agree." Mina smirked. 

"Guys... We haven't even kissed yet. Calm down. And I really like her... She's the best thing to happen to me." Ryujin smiled at just the mere thought of the omega. 

"Uh oh... Look. She's smitten." Mina chuckled. 

"Just like how I was with you." Sana smirked while chopping up the pepper in front of her. 

"Stop being adorable it's disgusting." Ryujin complained. Yeji came back, happy that she was able to stick around for dinner. The four of them cooked together despite the protests from their elders. Dinner was filled with laughs and stories, Yeji feeling calm around them. She was happy they were welcoming and warm. 

"I'm going to walk her home now!" Ryujin called out from the front of the house. 

"Have fun don't kill strangers!" Sana shouted. Yeji let out a small laugh watching Ryujin roll her eyes. 

The walk home was silent, the two holding hands and just enjoying each other's company. 

"I liked that... A lot." Yeji smiled. "Your sister seems very nice." 

"I hope one day I can meet your family." Ryujin chuckled. "I really... Really like you Yeji." She admitted. "And I don't want to let that go." She smiled. Yeji couldn't contain it anymore. She let go of Ryujin's hand and pulled her in for a quick kiss. Something they both needed. 

"I don't want to let it go either." Yeji whispered when they broke apart.