{Kakashi} Opposites Attract {Hatake} ~Chapter 2~

Start from the beginning

“What distraction? What are you a distraction for, Ai?”

I laughed and did a hand sign, blowing up yet another sculpture. The man holding me was knocked a good ways away, and I was thrown a good ten feet away, into a wall. I fought off the blackness surrounding my vision and stood, standing in the middle of the fallen ANBU. The medic corp. came and took the ANBU to the hospital, and a few wrapped me in ninja wire and carried me to the Hokage’s office. I was smiling the entire way; I would have one heck of a story to tell Leader, Uncle Tobi, and my father when I got home.

Kakashi’s POV:

I woke up in the hospital with someone laying in the bed across from mine. I sat up to see who it was. The face was hidden by bandages…as was most of the body, but she had short black hair and was tied to the bed. Her eyes were open, staring at the ceiling.

“You know, if they think these ropes are going to keep me here, they’re sadly mistaken. So, did you ever figure out what my distraction was?” she asked.

I noticed her arms were moving and looked at her hands. She was molding clay, and I saw chakra going into it. “You’re going to blow up your bed?”

“No, I’m going to send this to Leader so he knows why I can’t come home quite yet.”

“And where is your home?”

She laughed. “Yeah, I’m going to tell you that.” The clay figure, a butterfly, flew out the window. She activated her Sharingan. “There we go, that’s better. Now, let’s just move this way and…” the ropes around her fell, and she stood up. She brought her hand to her ribs, and blood dripped between her fingers. “Such a beautiful color. Well, there’s no use wasting it,” she said, sitting down and pulling out a sketchbook.

She used the blood on her hands as ink and started drawing. After a little bit, she held the book out at arm’s length and looked at it critically, then tossed it to me. An almost exact copy of the explosion from her sculptures was on the page, drawn in blood. I looked at her.

“Why did you leave?”

She laughed. “I had to go home, you know. My task was over.”

“So you lied to me.”

“Nope. I never told you why I was in the village, and I never told you what I was doing,” she pointed out.

I sighed. “You know, for someone who almost blew herself up, you’re in a pretty good mood.”

She smiled. “How could I not be in a good mood? That explosion was pure art! Ah, and if it had taken my life…I died protecting my family. There is no greater honor than that.”

The Hokage walked in smiling. “You have the Konoha flame inside you,” he said.

She drew in her sketchbook again, and I thought I saw a picture of the Hokage. “Perhaps, but I really need to go home. Leader will be very worried.”

“Who is ‘Leader,’ Ai?” he asked.

She smiled. “Leader is one of my many sensei’s, though the one who cares the most. You see, I am very crucial to Leader’s plan. So, can I go home?”

“You think we can let you go home? Even before what you did…uh, Lord Hokage, how long have we been unconscious?” I asked.

“Only a day,” he said. “Ai, I apologize, but you cannot go home.”

She sighed. “Ok, ok. Can I at least have my pack? It has all of my artistic tools in it.”

The Hokage smiled. “Of course. I will have them brought in immediately. You can wear whatever clothes you like, though you should stay in this room until you recover. Just out of curiosity, how did you break the ropes?”