Chapter Seven

*Realization Part One*

“Why are you acting so strange?”

I look up at Aira, but barely.  I look away and shake my head at her.  “I’m fine Aira, don’t worry.” My voice is no more than a whisper.  Yesterday I fainted, and now I am questioning everything. How can a dream do this to a person?

Aira sits on my desk and smiles at me.  “Is it about that dream? Are you still dreaming about it?”

I shake my head and close the book I was reading up until she struck up a conversation.  “That dream isn’t bothering me anymore actually.”

Aira grabs my face, making me look away awkwardly.  “Why are you acting so weird around me Cyrus? You know you can tell me anything right?”

I lightly push her away and dust off my book that she accidentally pushed onto the ground.  “Whatever.”

Aira huffs and stares at me.  “Stop being a prick and tell me what’s going on you idiot!” She crosses her arms and stomps a foot onto the ground like a small child throwing a tantrum.  Actually, she’s exactly like a small child at this moment.

Her face turns almost as red as her hair as she glares at me.  Why does she have to be so dramatic? I originally liked that? Well, I still like her.  I think. I don’t know, I’m just super confused right now about everything.

I hear a high pitched noise, making me raise my eyebrow.  My eyes scan over Aira who is obviously making the noise. Has she sprung a leak or something?

I lift my hands up as if I am giving up.  “Fine! I’ll tell you. As long as you promise you that you’ll shut up.”

She immediately stops and beams at me.  “Okay!” She sits down, her hands under her legs.  She bounces up and down, her being excited is obvious.

“Okay, don't freak out."

Aira rolls her eyes and glares at me.  "Get on with it! You are stalling way too much!"

I shake my head and smile a bit, she's not wrong.  "Anyways, when I passed out, I had some kind of dream that was similar to remembering something I think."

Aira narrows her eyes as her brows furrow.  "Repeat that again in English? Remember, I am an idiot."

I roll my eyes.  "I would fight you on that but fine, I'll rephrase." I take a deep breath.  What if she thinks I'm a loon or something? "When I passed out, it was like I was getting all these memories.  I was in each memory, and you were in one of the ones I saw."

Aira begins to laugh, before falling off her chair and gripping her stomach. Tears stream down her face as she cackles.  People surrounding us look around in confusion. Can she be a little more discreet? "This…" Aira trails off, trying to catch her breath, "has to do with you seeing me in some dream?"

I rub my temples.  I knew that she would joke around about this.  Why did she even force me to tell her? I breathe in, forcing myself to not strangle her, even though she is bringing way too much attention to where we are.  "Can you please shut up. You wanted me to talk to you and then you start doing this."

She stops immediately, her eyes are wide.  "I'm sorry Cyrus, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or something."

She reaches her hand out to my shoulder, but I smack it away.  A look of hurt flashed in her eyes. She nods as if telling me to continue.  I clear my voice, trying to sever the awkward tension now surrounding us. "Anyways, the 'memory' I saw of you was you if you were basically a mean girl."

Her eyes get even wider as she stares at me.  "Me? A mean girl? Are you sure it wasn't someone else?"

I shake my head at her.  "Sorry, but it was definitely you." She pouts and I basically freak out.  "But don't worry, it was probably my brain being
weird.

She smiles and nods at me.  She looks at the door frame before looking back at me.  "I have to go."

Well isn't that suspicious?

I grab her wrist, making her look back up to me.  "What's wrong?"

Aira with her free hand puts a strand of hair between her ears.  "Nothing, I'm fine." Her face gets closer to mine, and kisses me on the cheek, making me blush.  Because of it, I let go of her wrist. "Well, see you later!" She runs away, leaving me alone.

I grab my bag and head out.  Why did she do that? We are friends, nothing more.

My back comes into contact with the wall as I just look up and sigh.  This day is absolutely the most stressful day of my life. I close my eyes and feebly smile.  Why is this happening to me?

“Thanks, see you uh-”

“Cyrus.”

“Right!”

My eyes snap opens as I remember that again.  I stare at my hand, wondering if I am still in the dream.  

The room turns green, lines surrounding the world.  My eyes widen, as things begin to glitch.  

I look around but fall as I feel my legs give out.  My eyes zoom quickly to my legs, to only see them looking like a glitched-out computer screen.  

I close my eyes shut, scared to see what is going on.

“Hey, you okay?”

My eyes snap open, the world is back to normal, but I’m still on the ground.  Kaz is looking down, looking concerned. “Dude, you okay? “

I quickly stand up and nod.  “Yeah, thanks.” I grab my bag and start to walk away.

“Hey!  Cyrus, what’s going on?”

I turn around and look at Kaz.  I can't lie. “I don't know,” I mutter as I walk away.

I need to get home.

Chapter Word Count: 983
Official Book Word Count: 7,528