Chapter 14 [Royal Treatment]

Mulai dari awal

The love stories of our Royal families had been very well documented over the passing of time. The press was also there to cover the stories of Prince Aiden’s older sisters: both Princess Awaney and Princess Eliza. Although now both princesses are currently residing overseas, the press…..”

I folded the paper having read enough. The car driven by Ryui glided smoothly on the road picking up speed and before I knew it, the car was easing into the school grounds. My gut twisted as the car slowed down and ahead, what I saw had my head started spinning.

Waiting for us at the steps that lead to the entrance to the building, there were more than just students. There were men in dark suits I assumed to be people from the palace, a few teachers and schools of reporters and photographers with their cameras at the ready.

I was dreading for this, ever since I had been warned about it beforehand yesterday by the PR team.  The Royale Arts was a private school that mostly prohibited reporters and photographers to enter school grounds. But they did have long standing relationship with the Claymore Herald which reporters I was now staring at behind the tinted windows of the car.

“Ryui, make sure next week there will none of this.” Aiden said, eyes fixed upon the few reporters outside. Ryui said nothing but nodded. Aiden directed his eyes to me.  “Ready?”

I gritted my teeth and nodded. “Yeah… I am.” I huff a breath.

“Don’t worry; tomorrow those reporters won’t be here anymore. It’s just for today; I’ll make sure of that.” I nodded some more and Aiden straightened himself a bit before stepping out of the car. Still gritting my teeth I opened the door and was welcomed by a full-fledged fiasco.

The reporters were shouting for Aiden and I while the photographers began clicking away their camera. I was lost for a second until a strong hand entwined mine. I look sideways to find Aiden beside me, his hand linked with mine. A slow tug from him brought me back to reality as shouts and squeal of the surrounding people dimmed. I eyes found his and slowly I saw the corner of his lips turned up.

“Let’s get to class okay?” he whispered to my ear. Dumbfounded I nodded. The men in suits helped us get through the reporters and photographers. But once inside the school building, I was left to fend for myself.

“Remember what we agreed on yesterday?” Aiden asked before we parted and I nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll be there.” With that he nodded and set off to his class. I was supposed to spend lunch in his private room today, the room that was known as ‘The Hole.’

Now I had to get to class. The thing I least look forward to, despite the commotion with the reporters, I dreaded this the most. Because in class, there was no Aiden to take my hand and whisk me from my classmate and I had no courage to face Mary Sue, let alone Alex.

I was making my way to my first class, for the first time save from the first time I was to walk these hallways alone, did I felt so tiny. I was scrutinized by hundreds of eyes, all looking at me in despise in their eyes. I made a point to looks down at all times, quicker in my steps.

I got in my class in record time considering I almost ran, not stopping for anything: especially not when a couple of girls that had shouted my name with murder in their eyes. When I stepped into my class, a blast of cold wind met my face. I stepped into the cold unwelcoming square space as I prayed to be struck by lightning and just drop dead, as I felt stares following my every movement.

But luck never seemed to side with me, I sighed. I took my seat and settled myself when Mary Sue took her own seat. I bit my lips and look sideways to find her too, staring at me, intently.