final selection

Tanjiro passed final selection with flying colours, none of the demons that attempted to kill him lived longer then a couple of seconds. Tanjiro easily took them out, it was natural for tanjiro to wield a sword, from his years of training with kokushibou. Tanjiro found that the seven days just seemed to pass quickly. 

Once out the forest and back onto the estate they started in, the twins began to tell the newly passed hunters the ranks and how long it will take for their swords to be made. All the other survivors of final selection looked older then tanjiro, it seemed that he was the youngest in the group. He could sense that there was someone arrogant  in the group, it didnt take long for him to pipe up telling the others how great he was and how he defeated the demons with his eyes closed. He was lying tanjiro concluded smelling his scent, it was rotten and bitter. He won't be lasting long, his arrogance and his lies will be his downfall so there's no pointing getting to know him because he's going to be the first course

The twins lead the group to a covered table continuing to explain the concept behind the designs of the swords used for slaying demons. Finally they uncovered the table to show the ores.

The arrogant idiot looked down at the ores before turning towards the twins.

"What are these useless rocks for? Where is my sword!" He angrily yelled 

The twins didn't react when he shouted at them marching over and towering over them expecting them to give him an explanation on where his sword was, as if he owned the place. If he had done that to father he would have been dead as soon as he opened his mouth, thought tanjiro. How did he survive the last seven days? It must have been sheer dumb luck he lived or the demon avoided him because of how annoying he was. Tanjiro didn't blame the demons from avoiding him, he would hide too. 

"Oi leave them alone, their just doing their jobs. How about you actually listen to what they are saying instead of ignoring them" tanjiro bluntly stated glaring.

"The arrogant slayer turned towards tanjiro, his eyes narrowing as he inspected him.

"Shut up brat, your nothing but a weakling, how about you go home to your mommy and daddy"

"Why would i do that? It obvious that your the weakling, i bet the demons hid from you because you are so annoying" remarked tanjiro

He didn't like that his face turned red, he ran towards tanjiro and lifted his arm into the arm getting ready to throw a punch at the boy. Tanjiro stayed still and got into position and grabbed his arm, twisting it. A sickening crack could be heard as his arm broke. He screamed in pain, landing on the floor and rolling around in pain. Tanjiro looked bored as he stared down at the sobbing mess. His eyes glaring daggers. 

The twins watched the exchange silently. Tanjiro walked up to the table that held the ores, inspecting each one of them before picking a medium sized ore. 

Once they have finished at the estate they were instructed that their swords will be ready in 15 days.

"Before you go" stated one of the twins "we will be assigning your crows" as she said this the other twin clapped his hand and suddenly crows emerged from the trees, tanjiro lifted his arm out to allow the crow to land on his arm.

Tanjiro returned to the trainer, he was supposed to stay with until his sword arrived. The trainer didn't look too pleased to learn that i have survived final selection, it was obvious that he wanted me to fail, so he wouldn't get in trouble for the bribe.

Once tanjiro reunited with nezuko, he began to tell her about final selection. She listened intently, he knew his father was most likely listening and watching through nezuko's eyes. The swords smith arrived 15 days later as promised by the twins. The swords smith explained in great detail on how the swords are made, the information was going straight to his father as nezuko was watching from under her blanket. The sword smith continued to explain how the Nichirin blade was a special colour changing blade. Once he had finished speaking he lifted the sword and handed it to tanjiro. He began to pull the nichirin blade out of its sheath.

He held up the blade, it slowly began to change colour. Starting from the tip of the blade and slowly making its way down towards the base of the blade. His sword had turned black. It was a pure black blade, tanjiro liked the colouring, it suited him very well and it also remind him of his father who only wore black clothing.  His crow flew threw the open window. "Caw head south east to a town, children are going missing at night"
It flew around in circles above his head giving out his orders. "Go now head south east"