t w o

––

After the meeting with the Headmaster, (Y/N) headed for her rooms, to which was located at the dungeons, she requested it to be in the dungeons, because she liked it there.

Dumbledore had asked if she needed any help getting to her new chambers, she denied, and now she was regretting it, she roamed the corridors for at least an hour before stumbling into the first painting in ages.

It was a black cat. It meowed at her curiously. And walked off, leaving (Y/N) staring at the painting dumbfounded.

It came back a moment later, a twinkle in its eyes. Maybe I should stop referring it as 'it', it's clearly a male. She mused, and waved at him, suddenly, the painting opened, curious, (Y/N) peeked inside, and upon seeing familiar dark orbs, she jumped.

"Professor (L/N)." Said Snape.

"Professor Snape!" She exclaimed surprised.

"What are you doing wandering the corridors?"

(Y/N) smiled sheepishly, "I, uh, I got lost, Professor."

The man rolled his eyes, "Would you like me to walk you to your rooms?"

(Y/N) was confused, "I don't know where it is.." she mumbled, and she could clearly see the amusement dancing in Snape's dark orbs, "I know. That's why I offered." His voice was different though, it held no emotions in them. But, it is ridiculously enamoring.

"Uh.. how would you know?" Shitshitshit, that slipped, ohmygawd he's going to skin me alive.

Snape's mouth twitched upward, as he raised an elegant eyebrow, "Dumbledore floo-called me."

Ohh.. that would explain it.

"Then I guess I'll take up your offer, Professor."

***

Snape led (L/N) to her rooms, as per instructed by Dumbledore, well, not really instructed per say, the old coot just wanted to 'let him know'.

And once again, he knew they were playing matchmaker.

Pftt.. as if (Y/N) (L/N) would like him romantically. His winning personality would only drive her away.

The silence was bugging her, he could tell, so he spoke up,

"Why didn't you ask for help?"

She was surprised, and was blushing, about what?

"Eh, I thought I could save someone else the trouble of leading me there."

Severus smirked, "And yet here we are." He drawled.

"Y-yep."

He raised an eyebrow, he seemed to be doing it a lot around the new Professor. Women were enigmas, that's for sure.

"Could you, perhaps, stop stuttering?" Severus winced at his words, "Sorry, Professor." She mumbled, staring fixedly to her shoes, Snape felt guilty, "I apologize for that, miss (L/N), I did not mean for that to sound.. mean." He said, "But I really don't bite."